Changed out OEM steps

Jpetrey

Hello everyone, we have a 2015 Prowler 285LX and we are product testing the Torklift Glowstep Revolution as replacement for the OEM steps on the front door. So far we have only installed the steps, and was harder go get the OEM steps out than installing the new steps. The stability and ease of deployment has far exceeded our expectations. My wife is 4'9" and has back issues. so not having bouncing steps or needing the platform I built to close the gap between the ground and first step is a great benefit. We will going to a nearby state park the beginning of March for real world testing.

I will post updates of our experience after our trip.

Here is a link to Torklift steps
http://www.torklift.com/index.php/products/steps-handrails/glowstep-revolution

OEM Glowstep
IMG_1016.JPGGlowstep.jpg

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Interesting, but since we set up for the whole summer, I went with the Porta-Deck system. Actually sets up quickly and stores in the basement of the rig for the winter. If we were traveling with it, it would ride in the truck bed.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Interesting, but since we set up for the whole summer, I went with the Porta-Deck system. Actually sets up quickly and stores in the basement of the rig for the winter. If we were traveling with it, it would ride in the truck bed.

The attraction to the Glowstep Revolution is the ability to be the correct height no matter the terrain, and they fold back into the same spot as OEM. I like the deck system, but you do have to store it somewhere.

sengli

Was to dealers lot recently, where they had some new landmarks. It looked to me as if these new heartland coaches, had these aluminum steps on them from the factory. I know SOB's have them from the factory as well now. I am going to look into these for my big horn. They seem very sturdy.

Last edited:

TravelTiger

E, Pat and Elaine Poole travel with the deck system so you should be able to take a good look at it at your rally next month.

Peace
Dave

Trust me, I've seen theirs and like it. Just can't pay for it. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We put the Glow Steps on last summer. They are very solid. No bounce at all and the step height is better than our OEM Landmark steps. We may but the hand rail as well depending on how things look when we start camping this year.

Kristy

Jpetrey

Hello everyone, we have a 2015 Prowler 285LX and we are product testing the Torklift Glowstep Revolution as replacement for the OEM steps on the front door. So far we have only installed the steps, and was harder go get the OEM steps out than installing the new steps. The stability and ease of deployment has far exceeded our expectations. My wife is 4'9" and has back issues. so not having bouncing steps or needing the platform I built to close the gap between the ground and first step is a great benefit. We will going to a nearby state park the beginning of March for real world testing.

I will post updates of our experience after our trip.

Here is a link to Torklift steps
http://www.torklift.com/index.php/products/steps-handrails/glowstep-revolution

OEM Glowstep
View attachment 42979View attachment 42980
First trip update:
Before:IMG_1086.jpg
After:IMG_1087.jpg

What a world of difference they make. My wife is 4'9" and I built the deck for her to use the OEM steps.
They are very stable even with me in them.
IMG_1085.jpg

mlpeloquin

My wife has a prosthetic leg. A very high amputation. Also I am worried about our Boston Terrier's paws getting caught on the holes in the OEM steps. Looks like another TBD for my 5er. I am ordering it while camping this weekend to make sure I am home to take delivery.

TravelTiger

We installed ours this weekend! We fulltime, so I'll be "testing" every day!

I already like the stability and the ease of use.

Before
3bf857dcf8d09b762ad06b472911b273.jpg

After
3c7ee0c103f3dae0e90e8f0864f76cab.jpg

Folded
42c1b7b19207979f254da46ff72b1f84.jpg

Sturdy construction, no bouncing, adjusts to terrain!
88664530554295fbd480e159256aa0d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Wow!! Super nice!! I was just happy to go from three steps to four step version. Those look like the Cadillac of steps.

rxbristol

Erika,

Didn't you say you had to order some type of shim kit? Is it one size and then you have to have some type of adapter?

rjr6150

Just ordered a set after one of our rivits popped. Yes you do need a shim kit which is only available from the manufacture.

Erika did you order the 25.5" steps. After speaking with Jarod at Torklift we needed to order two shim kits. Our width was exactly 27"

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Great customer service!
We got one of the first sets of steps they designed to fit the width of our opening. They never were easy to open and close, but Mark thought they would loosen up.

When they didn't by this spring, Mark called the company. They said they had found a solution to that problem and sent us a whole new set of stairs. Mark took the old steps out and bolted the new ones in place in less than 15 min. We put the old ones in the box the new ones came in, slapped the return shipping label on and sent them back. The whole process took 4 days.

The new set pulls out and goes in with one hand and they improved the feet since the first set too.

Kristy