Changing a few to LEDs.

traveler44

I just ordered a few rv led interior lights from Ridgid lighting in Mesa Ar. They come with the 1141 adapters. What I was wondering is if there is any problem with just changing out one in the double fixtures. These are supposed to be alot brighter but use less power and I thought I would change one in the kitchen and one in the livingroom and one in the bathroom to start with. I ordered the 450 lumens. I will keep posting as to how they work out, if anybody is interested. I don't care as much about the power we use as I do about the weak yellow light we get from the 1141s. Tom M.

watchthebox

I installed LED's in my Cyclone, and am very happy with them. I did as you're proposing (but with LED's other than Rigid), and changed out only one of the two bulbs in each fixture. That way if when dry camping I want to go into really low power usage mode, I can switch to one bulb and use only the LED bulb in each fixture. Usually I just leave the switch set so both the incandescent 1141 and LED are shining at the same time.

goodtruck

We changed out our bulbs with LEDS and only used the 160 and 250 lums and they are a nicer whiter light then the yellow light of the stock bulbs.

traveler44

Thanks for the replies! Nice to know that I will be able to use them as I intended. If these provide the kind of light I want I might change out a few more later. I had a choice between cool white and warm white so I got both to see which works out best for me. Tom M.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've changed only one so far. Was a tad pricey, but it works fine. I put it in the fixture next to the stove, after rotating the fixture 180 deg. so the lens faced the stove, not the refer wall. The tape to hold the LED in place gave up the ghost quickly, but with the LED board laying on the lens, it actually directs the light toward the cook surface better. The only other LED I have is in the motion sensor light over the door.

View attachment 15860

ncc1701e

We have replaced every lamp with LEDs except the one directly over the sink and stove where the wife wanted the light left as is. The LEDs are a much softer light and run much much cooler. I think they are a great improvement.

traveler44

I got the LEDs yesterday and plugged one in. It sure lit up the kitchen. The 450 lumens light panels get pretty warm so I'm wondering if the 300 lumens would be enough and maybe run a little cooler. I am going to make a spacer to fit the concave of the light fixture that I can stick the LED panel to. The LED light panel comes with tape on the top to stick it to a flat surface. Tom M.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We just bought the last bulbs to convert all the interior lights to LED except the closet. They are much nicer with soft lights that are actually brighter. Cost a fortune but they're worth it.