Cheap water meter

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I found this "Rain Wave" water meter from Amazon. I only used it a few times. Today I was doing some testing and found that on my meter .6 will fill a gallon jug and I can fill a 5 gallon bucket with 3.2 gallons.
So I guess this one is a bust.
First try .7
f951a4cc116aaff6f889691c28f18b6a.jpg

2nd try
9a1b5d2a3f3c889d0272d0f14a0980a4.jpg

Not really happy with this POS

FYI after 6 days and 5 nights on 1- 94 gallon tank 6 showers, a few dishes, and the normal day to day stuff, we made it home and I metered what was left in the tank. This meter said 3.6 gollons so what is that really more or less ?
f291afe7e81f01b6b275191c9c16a946.jpg

a56d7577ebfb9fbbdc6dda6c20155fc0.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Well you tested the meter. If the test repeats, then you can calculate what the meter will read for a full tank. Also you might want to test it using a pressure regulator. It might very depending on the water pressure. It wouldn't supprise me since it doesn't cost much. Once tested, it still can be used if it is consistent.

Last edited:

Lynn1130

Interestingly I have one. My cyclone has 2 50 gal tanks and a 12 gal water heater. When I fill the rig it comes out 114 gals at full. So about 2 gals for the lines tells me that mine is pretty close. I will continue to use mine.

mlpeloquin

I purchased one. I received it two days prior to going on a trip. I will test it when I get home in there days. Perhaps the extreme reduction in hose size is setting up some sort of back pressure turbulence effecting its accuracy.

Diamondjim

ON the other hand..........if you're buying water and getting a gallon but are only being charged for .6 of a gallon.....that's not all that bad of a deal, when you think about it.

I sort of figure when the bucket runs over, it's full, but that's just me.:rolleyes: Maybe a little too laid back, I am.

pegmikef

Did you check it to see if it's accurate ???

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I thought it was pretty accurate based on my hot water heater, but just for kicks, I tried filling my 6 gallon water can it was off by about +.2 so I don't know if it was the can or meter. All I need was ball park values (+- 10) for those instances I want to haul some fresh water, but not a full tank.