check the wire nuts

TedS

I was sanitizing the water system today. I turned on the water pump switch and no pump. Having been in the basement behind the wall to do a little plumbing and vent hose rearrangement I knew that the pump was electrically connected to power with wire nuts. Previous experience with loose nut connections for the hydraulic motor led me to suspect the wire nuts in the pump wiring.

Yep. One wire fell out from under the red tape wound around the wire nuts. Reconnected, the pump runs.

If a dc accessory doesn't work, check the wire nut connections.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
My bedroom slide lights stopped working soon after we picked our coach up. Yep wire nut was loose.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Replace the wire nuts with good "butt" connectors.....you know...the heat shrink type and be DONE with the wire nuts. Wire nuts are used in homes that do not rattle and shake down the highways.

GOTTOYS

One of mine fell off for the neutral wire for the water heater rendering the water heater inop. on AC. I'm going to check all of them and redo it as needed...Don

TedS

The factory did put tape on the two wire nuts on the pump wires that were close together. They just didn't tape the nuts to the wires after not fully wrapping and nutting the wires. Just loosely wrapped the nuts together. I will tape with electricians tape. Couple wraps around the wire and up and around the nuts. Wrap counterclockwise so the stretched tape keeps the nut tight to the wires.