City water hookup-how to fill fresh water tank

herefishy

On our previous trailers(SOB) there was a valve to turn to put water in the fresh water tank when connected to city water. Is there such a thing with the Bighorns?

Bob

Niles

Bob,
None that I'm aware of, we have a 2008 3670. Unless they have changed it and I don't think they have. I just looked at a 2011 3670 and it was the same as ours.

hoefler

I installed a valve behind the basement wall next to the access door by my winterizing valves. Now I can open the valve and fill the fresh water tank while hooked to city water.

TedS

We have a 2011 and no such valve arrangement. Did have it on our previous 5th-wheel. Sure was handy instead of having to shove the hose loose end into an open hole. You could refill the fresh water tank before disconnecting to break camp.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I could do it from my home-made manifold in the UDC by moving a hose, but there is nothing OEM setup there to do that.

hoefler

Look in behind you water connections. Find the city water line and the line between the pump and the tank. When you find these lines, install a Tee in these lines. Find a convenient location for a valve, plumb a line from both Tee's to this location and install a valve. Now with the valve closed you can use city water or tank water. Open the valve while hooked to city water and fill you tank.