cleaning shower door???

bob34787

I will never be able to figure the mentality of those who allow clear glass shower doors to be installed in anything yet alone an RV, with that being said, does anyone have any tricks or ideas on how to clean the glass, especially the overlap areas that do not allow for proper cleaning?

rxbristol

We use a product called Tilex Daily Shower Cleaner. Just spray it on the doors and wipe if off. It keeps the soap and lime buildup off the doors with very little effort. I use a skinny sponge to get between the overlap areas.

lynndiwagoner

Carefully clean the door one more time then add a nice shower curtain on the inside. No more cleaning and the shower curtain adds a nice touch to your bathroom.

123camper

After we shower and dry our selves, we take our towel and wipe down the inside of the shower. You get the water spots from letting the water evaporate leaving the mineral deposits and soap on the glass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We just had a full glass shower installed at home. The installer told us to clean the glass and then use Rain X on it and wipe it down well. It has been 3 months and not a spot. We do squeegee it down when done but do not wipe it at all.

RoadJunkie

Yup, we're in the "squeegee" and dry category after each use. We also do an occasional gel-wax to the fiberglass portion. Kind of a pain, but shower looks pretty good. I like the rain-x idea on the glass.

Garypowell

I purchased a three finger plastic device for cleaning blinds. Found out the curvature of the plastic did not work well with the glass separation. So now just use the removable cloth fingers.....or some other handy small cloth.

You our will find the glass will flex enough to allow you to get between. There are rubber seals that have to be removed.

Did the the glass plus thing hearing it on this forum. It has worked well but the glass still gets spotty.

i realize if we wiped the glass or sprayed it down after each shower it would stay cleaner.....but since we have to periodically clean the rest of the shower why not take 5 more minutes and clean the glass too.

campcrew

Oxiclean Laundry Stain Remover - gets off hard water stains, soap scum, etc. Just spray the whole shower & doors. We squeegee the doors when we can.

Also, remember to spray the tracks when you are done showering - they are dust magnets - yuck!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Same here for occasional Rain-X Glass cleaner and a squeegee after each use, including the shower walls. We do the same at home (tile walls) and the glass stays clean and the soap scum doesn't build on the walls.