Closet Rod Brackets Coming Loose

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
When we got home from Goshen Leslie noticed the screws backing out on the closet rod brackets. I would like to move the brackets and try for more secure anchoring. Are there supports on "centers" like a house so it's easy to find new mounting locations?
Either way I think I'm going to acquire a piece of 2" PVC pipe and notch one end to use as a center support to relieve stress on the screws overhead.
I'm open to any other suggestions to keep our hang clothes hanging too!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Try using a stud finder to see if there are any crossmembers you could screw the supports into. There have been several posts over the years about the brackets falling out, but mine are as secure as they can be. I think they found the framing along the front of the shelf. And we load that closet rod up. Or at least the wife does.

B

Boatman

We also had this problem. To solve it, I purchased a 3/4 inch piece of metal conduit and connected it to the center support as a brace from the floor. Either paint the pipe or cover with foam insulation. Problem solved.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I bought a closet pole (oak finish), and the chrome brackets from Lowe's. Put one bracket (screwed in place) under the shelf and one on the floor. Just cut the pole to fit snug and no more closet pole falling down. Took about 10 minutes to do and looks factory.