Coax diagram for 2016 Newport needed.

randolu

Good morning all :)

My husband would like to get a layout for the coax in our 2016 Newport. We have found a couple layouts but he says that is not exactly what he is looking for. Can anyone help??? Anything that you might have could be helpful.

Thanks

Lynn1130

Have you checked in the "Tools" section at the top of the page? Look into electronics and coax layout.

randolu

Westwind

This manual is impressive, leave it to owners to do something that the factory should do. The manual that I have in my 2012 Bighorn is very very generic and not that helpful with operating issues that crop up once you start using the fifth wheel/trailer. Like to give a high five to those who created this.

danemayer

Good morning all :)

My husband would like to get a layout for the coax in our 2016 Newport. We have found a couple layouts but he says that is not exactly what he is looking for. Can anyone help??? Anything that you might have could be helpful.

Thanks

Can you tell us what you're trying to do?

danemayer

He was just hooking up our Dish Satellite and wanted to know where all the coax ran and how the outdoor TV was connected.

Pages 44-48 of the previously linked user guide should help a lot in answering his questions. The outside TV as shown in the pictures, is wired for cable and over-the-air antenna. If you want to run satellite out there, you'll either have to connect the outside TV coax to the back of a receiver that sits in the living room, or run new wire or new a wireless solution.

If you want a diagram for your coach, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They will usually email a coax diagram.

avvidclif

All I can say is good luck on getting an accurate coax wiring diagram. I have 4 for my rig and none match. Including 2 with the exact same drawing number but are different.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Both of the new Heartland trailers we bought were wired up completely backwards from the coax wiring diagram.

And so far . . . both trailers and two different dealerships haven't had a clue how to wire them back up correctly.

I'll let you know Thursday after their mobile tech comes down to finish that and several other warranty repairs.

ndmac

I would highly recommend this tool. As stated previously it is difficult to trace with diagram because they generally are not accurate or outdated.
I bought the Klein Tool Coax tester and tracer tool very easy to use and now I know source and destination of every coax in my rig.

Note: if you have on source running through splitter and you have say the Blue and Red attached you will get both lights on the tool so you know that sources goes to both places.

Here is link to Klein tools site. Can find it for around $20-$30. Allows you to connect up to 4 color coded remotes and test multiple cables with out having to move them. Will also check cables for good/open/short etc.
http://www.kleintools.com/catalog/ca...er-plus-tester