cold in rear of coach

Bobby A

does anyone have any issues with the rear of the coach being cold ?? Does your last rear vent air come out a little less volume than the rest of the vents ?? I'am having air infiltration problems with the slideout, so I know that is contribuating to the cold. I do have dual pane windows. I would of thought that the coach should be warmer in the rear of the coach. Not sure what to make of this. If I had the regular windows I may be a little more understanding, but with dual pane windows, I'm wondering if there is something else that is making the coach feel cold in the rear. O, by the way, this is in a 2010 3580 big horn. Thanks

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bobby, have you had the slides adjusted yet? I know when our slide didn't seal that the rear of the coach was really cold. Remember that if you have the heater on, the return air is sucking cold air inside the coach from around the seals. Just a thought. Bob:D

jpmorgan37

Bobby;

You should not be feeling cold air coming in around the slides. You interior slide seal should be compressed so that you can force your fingers between them, but not just slip them through. We use our heat pumps until the temperature gets down to around freezing and then use the propane furnace. Also, we use a couple of Pelonis ceramic heaters and most of the time, we never run the furnace unless the temperature gets down into the teens, and then just to get heat in the underbelly. We keep the temp inside the coach at 73* in the day time and around 69* at night. With the dual pane windows, you should not have a "cold coach" problem.

John

tmcran

I have a Sundance and been battling a water leak in the bottom front slide . Also I can feel an air leak around the same area. The inter seal is not completly covering the inter part of the slide, so I'm inclined to agree that the inter seal is not doing its job. I have sent photos to Heartland last week and am waiting for a reply as to what needs to be done to fix the leak. (air and water). The dealer has been working on this problem for 4-5 weeks with Heartland input. Good luck on fixing your air leak.