Cold water

RichnVinny

We're in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and as summer approaches we've noticed that the cold water comes out warm to room temperature how do we get cold water to running from the faucets, the water from the hook up is cold when it comes out I k ow the hose gets hot but doesn't the Landmark Newport have a way to chill the water???

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If the water is coming out of the spigot cold but is warm in the coach it sounds like you will just have to run more water to purge the warm water from the system.
There is no coach that I know of that will chill the water unless you have a water dispenser in your refrigerator.

Peace
Dave

Tom46

If you have an outside shower check to see that the faucet is turned off. We discovered that if the cold and hot valves are left on you can get feed back mix of cold and hot water.

TxCowboy

Something that we have found helps a lot in the South Texas heat is buying the styrofoam hose insulation. This insulation looks like those long pool toys kids are using nowadays.

They are available at most Big Box hardware shops like Lowe's, Home Depot, etc., They come in 6 to 8 foot lengths and in various diameters but most likely the 1 inch hole size will work. You can take a penknife and just cut lengthwise on the perforated mark. Simply wrap the insulation around the hose and trim off any excess length you might have.

I've done this for three yeas. When the insulation gets dirty, you can rinse it off and let it air dry. They store easily in your basement and weight nothing.

Did I mention that the 6 foot length runs about $1.50? A cheap, cheap fix that also preserves your hose.