cold weather plumbing advice?

Brad

I'm going to be taking my 21FBS out for her maiden voyage next weekend. Temps should be in the mid 20's at night and 50's during the day. I will be boondocking and was hoping to have water. I realize this is right on the threshold of having freezing issues, even with the furnace running. My concern is the low-point drain (and the freshwater drain). I'm planning on putting pipe foam around these (and perhaps wrapping some fiberglass).

Any thoughts?

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Make sure you have plenty of propane! Make sure battery has plenty of charge. Gotta generator (w/fuel)? :D

Brad

Well I went ahead and winterized today. Gonna have some sub-freezing nights before we head out, and the forecast low at my destination the night before I arrive is now 15 F! If that shifts any I'd be in trouble! As it stands, it should still be mid to upper 20's when I'm there. I do think I'll still use the black tank with a gallon of antifreeze in it and a water jug for flushing. A 20/80 propylene glycol/water mix freezes at 20 degrees. 30/70 freezes at 10 degrees.

It will be for two nights, I've got two full propane tanks, so that's not a problem. I also have a second battery with the understanding that I'll get about one night out of each.

Thankfully I found all of the winterizing tidbits here in the forums (water heater bypass location, fresh tank bypass location, etc.)! Made things go fairly quickly for a first timer!