Colorado to San Antonio. Best route?

RobP

Headed to San Antonio for 6 months at the end of August. Any suggestions on what route to take?

Thanks

Jim.Allison

Depends on where you are at in Colorado. But I like the route through Raton pass.

Raton to clayton lake to Lubbock to Sweet Water to Junction to Kerrville to San Antonio.

Stay here in Raton, https://www.google.com/webhp?source...F-8#q=nra whittington center rv park&safe=off

NRA RV park is a great place. You dont have to be a member and you don't have to be attending a sporting event either. They have great sites and there is wildlife everywhere. We accidentally ran across it and felt very welcome there. They have everything from primitive to 50 amp.

Headed to San Antonio for 6 months at the end of August. Any suggestions on what route to take?

Thanks

Jim.Allison

Yes. definitely through Raton pass, then stay at NRA RV park in Raton, then follow the route i gave you earlier.

Where are you staying in San Antonio?

RobP

Jim,

thanks for the info!
My wife's job is on the southwest side, we stopped by the Admiralty RV Resort and liked the manager and the park itself. He offered me a job 4 days a week so it looks like we will be there from the end of Aug through the first of Feb. We were originally looking more toward Boerne but it was too far of a drive for my wife. She's not big on all that interstate driving. The Admiralty is only 15 miles from her work and she can take the back roads. :)

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We've stayed @ Admiralty. It is a very nice park:)
Don and i grew up in San Antonio and go back to visit family several times a year, in fact we just got back from our July trip for a family reunion.
At least you'll be there during the "cooler" months:cool: Enjoy!

RobP

We have arrived at Admiralty RV Park in San Antonio!! Left Colorado Wednesday morning and arrived here Thursday evening. The drive was uneventful but I did have some white knuckles from time to time. :eek: The 4100 did great with the G614 tires, I'm sooooo glad I ditched the Blowmax. Lot less worry!! Although the pressure did get checked each time we stopped. We took the the route Jim suggested and it was great! (Thank you Jim) :eek:
The folks here at Admiralty are super nice and they even had a Barbecue for all the campers today for the Holiday!
If anyone is down this way stop in and say hi, we will be here till Feb!