Concerned about pipes freezing

DonnyB007

We are picking up our trailer on April 12th fr the dealer after a PDI inspection. They must pressurize the water lines to ensure there are no leaks. After the PDI, we are worried about our water lines freezing and busting. The dealer says there will be no problem with that. I checked our forecast temps and the highs are consistently above freezing, but the lows are consistently about -2'C

I checked on the heartland website and I see the floors, ceiling and walls are insulated to R7.

Do you think the pipes are adequately protected from freezing if I add an electric heater inside the trailer keeping the temp about 10'C inside. My main concern is under the trailer etc

Speedy

If you main concern is the underbelly then you need to run the furnace. An electric heater will not provide any heat to the underbelly area. Why not have the dealer rewinterize the rig and wait until temps are in your favor?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
If you main concern is the underbelly then you need to run the furnace. An electric heater will not provide any heat to the underbelly area. Why not have the dealer rewinterize the rig and wait until temps are in your favor?

I agree, re-winterizing should not take the dealer more than 20 minutes.