Confused over AC setup

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I also have the Whisper quiet installed by Heartland, I agree that it should be set up with one muti zone stat as per the stat used, they have it set up where you can run the a/c and the heater at the same time in the bedroom. On the other hand having a stat in the bed room if you need to change the temp in the middle of the night I can reach it from the bed. I'm installing aux heat in the livingroom a/c and going to single stage stat to support it. I have already installed a programble stat to run the furnace and fantastic fan. No more getting up in the morning to kick up the heat and jump back in bed till the chill is gone. I will install a single zone in the bedroom because if you hit the wrong button in the middle of the night you may be in a diff zone, now you have to try and get it back to zone one what a pain in the middle of the night with a flashlight hoping not to wake up the misses.

I agree that the programming of the thermostat(s) is very confusing and a pain in t.a. (pita) Seems that there should be an easier setup than that.