Considering 2010 3670RL

avvidclif

We are looking at a used 2010 3670 RL and looking for comments on that particular year & model. I have seen on other sites problems listed with the frame. I don't know about this year. It has the Gen Prep, Winegard satellite dish, W/D, second AC, vacumn option, power cord reel, among other things and the dealer is asking $43K.

Any thought as to pricing and or potential problems. Current 5er is a Crossroads Cruiser.

Clif & Millie in Texas

mobilcastle

We own a 3670RL and really like the plan-my wife loves to cook so the large kitchen is great. We moved our recliners across from the TV and put a small couch in the rear. No frame or any other problems-Heartland makes good 5vers. If you buy it you may want to re insulate behind the fridge and install a baffle to get better air flow for cooling-that is typical in reefers installed in slides-do a search here and you will run across it. We don't have a double door fridge but some have had issues with them on many makes of 5vers. Make an offer you never know-good luck! BTW super group of people on this forum!!

skyguy

We bought a BTO 3670 in Feb 2009 and have just loved it! We enjoy the floor plan, and it is well built. You might check the water fittings on the hot water heater and on the back of the UDC - the plastic fittings will break over time, and should be replaced with BRASS. Could be a negotiable point. Even with the extra bells and whistles, 43k sounds a little high.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
welcome to the forum and hopefully the Heartland family. Our's is a 2011 and we love it. No problems with it so far. If you end up with it make sure to take it to some rallies. You will have a blast!!!

RoadJunkie

We have not experienced any frame issues with our 2010 3670RL. Actually we haven't experienced too many problems on the whole. One thing you might look into is the power outlets under the bed. There was a few problems with the slide "eating" the romex cable and subsequently tripping the breaker. I took some pics on my coach: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...hile-traveling?p=139121&highlight=#post139121

As far as price, I believe that's between you and your wallet. Due diligence and market research will give you the ballpark asking prices of similar 5'ers. Of course that's not necessarily the selling price.

Rickhansen

For whatever it's worth here is the base price from NADA

Those numbers look about right for that rig brand new. That's in the ballpark (List and Retail) of what we paid for our 2009 new in late 2007, including a 7 year extended warranty and a 750 mile delivery charge from Michigan to North Carolina.

As far as the rig, we've been full-time since our purchase and never had warranty or any other service, nor any significant problems.

mobilcastle

Those numbers look about right for that rig brand new. That's in the ballpark (List and Retail) of what we paid for our 2009 new in late 2007, including a 7 year extended warranty and a 750 mile delivery charge from Michigan to North Carolina.

As far as the rig, we've been full-time since our purchase and never had warranty or any other service, nor any significant problems.
He is looking at 2010 model not 2009.

Theresau

We had a 2010 BH (not that model - had 3410RE). We feel this was a very good build year - we had only very minor issues with it that my husband easily fixed himself. We sold it recently.

Regarding the price - that seems pretty high. I suggest you compare with brand new builds via internet dealers. From what multiple dealers told me, it is difficult to get NADA price for a 2010 - just too new and competitive with new builds. 2014's are out now - there may be some good deals on some new 2012 and 2013's.

We only paid around $500 more brand new for our BH. Didn't include WD or 2nd air (had fantastic fan instead and we paid to have AC prep as well).

Also, the new builds have fully ducted 2nd bedroom AC - much better than earlier years when bedroom AC unit was not ducted.

boatdoc

Keep in mind Heartland was making "running changes" in the units and what may be in one might not be in another ie: the bedroom drawer bank got smaller when they changed to doors for the W/D, one lost lot's of clothing storage. Then they messed with the office space under the TV and again with the bathroom with a shower that is massive and in many peoples opinion too big. It took away the door going out of the bath into the bedroom.

aatauses

WE have a 2010 BH 3670 and full time in it. Yes, we were one who did have flexing issues in the front, however HL treated us really good and have had no other major issues since then. Water leaks go with the unit, just check when you hook up and usually it is a fitting that came loose while traveling. We did eliminate the electrical rubbing under the bed---you can check a previous post from me--took about an hour. We also made a change to the steps, so they would open and offered some storage for everyday shoes--that is also posted.
You will like the 3670--great floor plan
al
currently in Kenai, AK

Rickhansen

He is looking at 2010 model not 2009.

So was I, from Codycarvers link to NADA for a new 2010.

My price comparison was based on the 2010 when it was new (per NADA) and the used pricing in Clif's original post. I may have confused you with my comment that the NADA information for the 2010 was nearly identical to the pricing of our 2009. If I could sell my coach today for what I paid for it new, I'd be upgrading to a Landmark real soon.

Sorry if I confused you.

Theresau

We had the electrical rubbing issue as well..Joe fixed that first hand right away.

We never had leaking issues of any kind nor flexing issues. Ours was built in July 2009.