Considering a 2014 BC 3650RL

smorg007

Hi Heartland Owners, I am considering a 2014 Big Country 3650RL. I see on the internet that there are more complaints than I would like to have seen. So I am coming to the source to help me make a decision. Would you buy your Heartland 5th wheel again if given a choice. Please let me know what if any issues I should be aware of. Thanks for your time and consideration.
Stan

danemayer

Re: Considering a 2014 BG 3650RL

Hi smorg007,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure you'll hear from Big Country owners shortly.

While you're waiting, you might want to browse the forum and take a look at some of the EVENTS threads and the Club Portal. We also have a huge collection of manufacturers manuals online along with a collection of owner-written user guides and troubleshooting guides. These things are all part of the Heartland owner experience.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Yes and have. We are on our 4 Heartland product over the last 10 years, loving each one as we moved up. Our adventure started in a Sundance, then a Big Country 3250 for 5 years, a second BC 3650 for 3 years before moving up to our current coach a Landmark Key Largo. Everyone has to remember that even tho a camper is your condo on wheels, its also a rolling earthquake so things will rattle, shake or loosen during your trips down the road so you just have to be prepared.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

You will find that many Heartland owners have had more than one Heartland....just attended the National Rally with 133 rigs...the majority of people we talked to have owned more than one. We're on our second....

bigdob24

I'm on my 4th Heartland and I will be the first to say they all had minor issues.
That being said, there was nothing major and they were all taken care of by my dealer ( bought them all from the same guy) or It was something I was comfortable fixing.
i have delt with coustomer service at Heartland and they are very good to work with and always followed up promptly .
We now have a BC 3070RE and its by far the nicest coach we have had.
There seems to always be some modification to add for comfort or just because the wife says so;-)
i would highly recommend Heartland and no matter what brand you get there will always be something to fix or change.
Keep us posted

hcriddle

You can bet if and when we can afford to upgrade it will certainly be a Heartland. We have been in our Bighorn 3580RL a little over 5 years now and still love it. We have had a major issue with it but Heartland customer service has gone above and beyond. Between customer service and the people on this forum, there is nothing we feel we can't handle. I don't think there is a perfect RV out there and if I am going to tackle an issue I want to do it with this crowd. These folks on the forum and the people at Heartland have been the best!

jdamude

Hi Heartland Owners, I am considering a 2014 Big Country 3650RL. I see on the internet that there are more complaints than I would like to have seen. So I am coming to the source to help me make a decision. Would you buy your Heartland 5th wheel again if given a choice. Please let me know what if any issues I should be aware of. Thanks for your time and consideration.
Stan

Hello,

We are on our twelfth rv owning everything from a truck camper, motorhome,travel trailer,and fifth wheels. Our last two units have been Heartland products. Like the others have posted, they have all had issues that have needed attention.

We we now own a BC 3650RL. We had a crack in the shower that needed repairing and the inverter for the fridge was not sized properly and had to be changed out.

One piece of advise I would like to give you is this, make sure you are comfortable with your dealer and make sure they are capable of looking after your service needs. This is as important as your trailer selection.

My my personal experience was different. We found a dealer that gave us the price we were looking for however there service is very sub standard. This is when I found out how professional the Heartland Service a Department is. We contacted them with our issues. Heartland sent us out a new inverter that turned out to be defective, I intern purchased one to complete the repair as we were getting ready to use the trailer. Heartland understood the situation and agreed to reimburse for the inverter.

The shower issue was much the same. Heartland authorized us to find a company that repaired acrylic showers and to have it repaired and they would reimburse us.

This in my mind separates the men from the boys. The service from Heartland is excellant, the units are built with quality.

Thanks
Jeff

BigJim45

Luv'n Life

Stan

We are on our 2nd Heartland product in the last 3 years. Started with a TT and then moved up to a Silverado 5th wheel.
Like some of said the dealer you buy from makes a lot difference as to your service if any is needed. My first trailer was bought from Camping World right there in Redding when we lived up there. Had some problems to first couple of times but CW took care of all the things. My 5th wheel was not purchased from them as the one I wanted they did not have so bought from a dealer in a Turlock, Calif.
Question......would I buy again from CW......NO.......found to be to high priced IMO.

lynndiwagoner

I'm sitting in one right now and can't say enough about how we are enjoying the layout and quality. Tows like a dream. No major problems so far, not even with the tires. Absolutely love the six point leveling system. We are on our way back from Orlando, now in Louisiana. AC units work great with no problem cooling rig down in this high heat. Unit is much better insulated than our Hitchhiker was. We've used it in freezing temperatures all the way to hot temps and I'm impressed. I would recommend you get all the options you can get, double door frig, six point, dual ac, fireplace, washer/dryer. Very livable floor plan.

Crumgater

We're in our first Heartland and first 5th wheel... moved up from a truck slide-in camper.
We love everything about it.
No major issues - although, now that it's on it's 4th year we do have some items that need attention (that whole rolling earthquake deal). DH is a great handy-man, so we do all the work ourselves that we can.

We added slide-toppers (a must have in rainy conditions, and also help for minimizing heat in the summer) and changed out the recliners for a wall-hugger reclining love seat. This year we're adding in a leveling system (ground control), and are looking forward to some great times out and about!

When we're ready to move up, we'll definitely look to Heartland again. The customer service and community support here on the forum was one of the deciding factors for us on the Elkridge - and it's just gotten better since.

SeattleLion

We're in our first Heartland, a 2014 Bighorn 3160 EL (new model this year). There are problems, but they are small and largely cosmetic. We had a 2014 Kodiak TT. It was plagued with leaks and other problems that made us take the loss and trade up. We love our Bighorn. The best thing about it is Heartland. Dutchmen, now Keystone were polite but not helpful. Heartland customer service not only responds immediately to phone calls, but also monitors the forum and offered me help before I had a chance to call. Sadly, every RV has some problems. It's an industry issue. Heartland is different in that they really care about their owners. We couldn't be happier. You won't regret buying a Heartland product.

Jim.Allison

Stan
I bought one, I love it. I ordered mine, and deleted things I did not want to pay for for the duration of the loan such as that vacuum cleaner, and the fireplace. One thing you definitely want is to BUY THE GOODYEAR G614 tire option, or drive it to the nearest Goodyear dealer and get a set mounted. I hope you get it, I think it is the logical choice at that price point. I did not buy mine locally, I wound up buying for Jeff Couch in Ohio. Amy and I picked it up and had a great vacation on the way back to Texas. I saved a few bucks doing it too.