continental htl2 ecoplus

Jasonrs1319

Looking for some 17.5" tires and came across the continental htl2 ecoplus tire and it looks pretty good. Does anyone have any experience with this tire? If so I would appreciate some feedback. Thank in advance!

rxbristol

Never heard of anyone using that tire. Most here are using the Goodyear G114's. In the past I used a Yokohama LT 17.5 and it was a great tire. I believe it was a H rated tire.

GWRam

I just had my HTL2 installed last week. I have only driven 200 miles or so on them as of yet. One test that impressed the wife was the 180 degree turn in the neighborhood to leave on our last trip. Nice solid side walls. She had seen the same maneuver done with the blowmax before the prior trip and had panicked thinking the tire was coming off the wheel. There is another memeber who has had his on since purchasing his unit. Maybe he will catch this thread and comment. Photos are the tire stack delivered and then installed.
photo(103).JPGphoto(117).JPG

Cjackg

Looking for some 17.5" tires and came across the continental htl2 ecoplus tire and it looks pretty good. Does anyone have any experience with this tire? If so I would appreciate some feedback. Thank in advance!
I have been using the 17.5 HTL2 Continentals on my 3110 Cyclone for several months since installing them in May. I picked these over the G114s based on the higher "J" rating, a lot of detailed research, and several discussions with Scott at TT&W.
I am thoroughly impressed and pleased with these tires and am looking forward to a lot of troublefree & stressfree miles. I considered a lot of other options before deciding on these. In making a final choice the G114s were a close second but mainly for the Goodyear reputation for customer service in almost any problem situation.

I have a lot of specs & docs on the Continentals that I can share with anyone interested. Just send me an email address via PM and I'll get back to you.

Jack

Last edited:

BLHFUN

As did we. I purchased the 17.5 and went with the continental Ht Eco. Load J. Rated at 125PSI and 75 MPH. Trailers tires and wheels told me the good year G114 was indeed a very good tire, but not for triple axel trailers. They grip so well that you get more side wall stress in tight situations. The HT Eco's have a squared edge to reduce side wall turn. Our new rims and tires will be here on Tuesday and I can't wait to get rid of the blow max stress of constantly looking for smoke in the side mirrors. I haven't used them yet, but hear very good things about these tires.