Continued Disappointing 4000 Elite Assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

This is a copy of an email I sent to the customer service rep .... I'm starting to tell people don't buy Heartland's. How can this many problems come in one RV?

Hi Anthony,

After a move from one RV spot to another in the same park (meaning a gentle, short pull) the lights above the bed blew a 15-amp 12-volt fuse. I didn't realize there was an active short and attempted to replace the 15-amp fuse. The fuse sparked and burned as well indicating a live fault.

Can you please send a 12-volt wiring diagram? This is a serious issue considering barely any movement outside of the slide movement which is regulated by the mechanics.

Does this light feed travel under the bed along the slide?

I am becoming disappointed in Heartland's building and their QA. This is the third electrical issue amongst a dozen other build issues. Currently I have screws falling out of the cap of each awning allowing the motor assembly to separate from the rod. I have the flaps hanging from the slides that cover along the tires with unmounted braces and a litany of other issues.

I would like to hear from a manager of the assembly team to explain why there are so many issues and the RV has been moved only once from the dealer and once to an adjoining camp site.

Thanks,

danemayer

Hi TimToolMan,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. Since you know the name of one of the Customer Service reps, I'm assuming you've already called Heartland Customer Service at least one time. In my experience, email can be a frustrating communications medium and it's not nearly as good a way to communicate as a phone call. So I'd suggest you call Heartland to discuss the best approach to fixing this electrical short.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Keep on them Tim. Don't let up and you will see results.

When I had issues i was quite upset, very aggressive, and loud over a handful of web based anything that was open to the public. Which though to the political correctness of this forum it darn near got be ban. Which would have been fine as long as I got results.

And I did. Within a week I had a heartland rep calling me and working with camping world to make everything right. They did, covered about 4k grand in damages from the blow out.

I am with you on quality control. People have come except poor craftsmanship from these RV's. Not just HL but its a standard across the entire industry. Customers will defend the poor craftsmanship to justify it for whatever reason. Why, I have no idea. I will never get it.

Stay persistent, loud, and you will get results. Use every tool on the Internet so that you are heard. Pay no attention to the useless PC posts that you will receive here. They do not like bad press. But be polite.

Sent from my iPaddle yo Sister using HD Tapatalk

I am new and do not have any answer for you. I just wanted to say that I have gotten some real nice responses here and do not think that someone taking their time to respond is ever "useless". I agree that being polite is very important and do not think that calling people on this site useless is the polite way to get any conversation going.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
I guess y'all don't know what PC means. It's the "Political Correctness" that the mods Dish out on here. Useless generic answer/greeting they give everybody with any issue. Sometimes its like they don't even read the OP post. If you push a subject to hard about the unfortunate build quality that so many suffer from (Universal across the industry). They hammer you behind the scenes and delete post. People don't like to hear the truth around here.

But why even post up and say you have a useless post? Doesn't make any sense to waste the OP's time or your time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We all are quite aware what PC means...your constant degradation of the members and moderators on this forum certainly isn't endearing you to anyone. Dan gave the OP excellent advice on how to handle the situation. Regardless of what you think screaming and kicking your feet is not the best approach....just my humble opinion.

By the way, no one here has a problem with the truth...many of us have had serious issues....the way the truth is presented can be an issue however.

danemayer

I think people are able to make their own judgments about which posts are useful to them and which are not.

porthole

Retired
Tim
a) there is no wiring diagram
b) there have been a few issues with a wire under the bed. That would be a good place to look.

Realist

I guess y'all don't know what PC means. It's the "Political Correctness" that the mods Dish out on here. Useless generic answer/greeting they give everybody with any issue. Sometimes its like they don't even read the OP post. If you push a subject to hard about the unfortunate build quality that so many suffer from (Universal across the industry). They hammer you behind the scenes and delete post. People don't like to hear the truth around here.

But why even post up and say you have a useless post? Doesn't make any sense to waste the OP's time or your time!

Really? I for one like the truth. There are plenty of posts regarding problems with owners rigs. And a lot of good information given on how to deal with those problems.
Mods and PC? More like trying to follow forum guidelines. We all should take the time to read them.
Seems that posts may be deleted for not following the guidelines. Bashing and constant ranting may be a violation of those guidelines.
This is a great forum. If someone feels unwanted, they have the right to log out participate in another forum.

Realist

oscar

I guess you're living up to the handle under your avatar.

Do you own a multi meter? If not, get one and learn how to use it. It would probably help you solve your problem in a relative short period of time, shorter than any other method including kicking and screaming and then going to a service provider.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Until you are put in a situation where you have to fight for what is right most of y'all may not get it. Will continue to believe in the ideology of what you think is so grand. I for one hope y'all never have to be put in the situation that I was in and have to fight as hard as I did to get results. Facing the challenges of the PC to get there.

Mainly due to this forum I was able to get HL to listen. They absolutely took care. But I had to fight through walls to get there as well.

I tried it all before turning to the forums and other sites. Phone calls to HL, emails, letting the dealer speak on my behalf, and so. Like I said in my earlier post is what worked for me. It gave me results.

What I realized is that some Mods will work harder to protect the good name of HL rather then giving good solid helpful advice to people. While understanding that HL has faults like every other company. With that being said there are some excellent Mods here as well. Some should consider just being a member.

I agree as well, kicking and screaming doesn't work. You still have to be polite.

oscar

Really? You didn't do that? As someone who is a mod on other forums I think not everyone may see the humor in that.

GOTTOYS

We all are quite aware what PC means...your constant degradation of the members and moderators on this forum certainly isn't endearing you to anyone. Dan gave the OP excellent advice on how to handle the situation. Regardless of what you think screaming and kicking your feet is not the best approach....just my humble opinion.

By the way, no one here has a problem with the truth...many of us have had serious issues....the way the truth is presented can be an issue however.
I totally agree! I think the mods on this forum as well as the members are very helpful. Being a bully, screaming and kicking your feet is no way to get respect...JMHO...Don

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Really? You didn't do that? As someone who is a mod on other forums I think not everyone may see the humor in that.

I understand where you find the humor in it and it proves my point.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since this thread has gone way off topic and there has been only one reply that has been relevant to the OP, It is now closed.

Peace
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.