Cooling time

I have a 9 cu ft refrigerator in my BH. How much time should it take it to get to set temp from say 80 degrees ambient? When the fresh food section is 40 to 43 what temp is the freezer going to be and is that temp fixed no matter what the fresh food is set at?

danemayer

I have the 14 cu ft, but it's probably not too different. When I'm prepping for a trip, I usually start the frig by noon the day before leaving. By 7AM it's at 33 degrees on the display. The freezer is freezing, but I don't know the actual temp. For that matter, I don't know if the display is accurate for the fresh food compartment, but I think it must be at least 37 in there because milk goes bad pretty quickly above 37 and ours stays fresh.

71stang99

My 11 300c is having an issue. The trailer was never used for the first 10 or so months and now we have been in it full time for 5 weeks. The freezer works just fine but the main refer is not cooling at all now and the food is luke warm. I switched over to propane for the night to see if that might make a difference. any thoughts?

danemayer

If the freezer is fine but the fresh food area is too warm, you're probably leaking air. Check the seals with a dollar bill. Close the door on the bill and pull. There should be drag. If no drag, you have a bad seal and an air leak.

On the 4 door refrig, there's a flap on the left door that rotates into place as the door is closed. That flap seals the gap between the doors. If it binds, you have a very large air leak.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
I have a 9 cu ft refrigerator in my BH. How much time should it take it to get to set temp from say 80 degrees ambient? When the fresh food section is 40 to 43 what temp is the freezer going to be and is that temp fixed no matter what the fresh food is set at?

dale short... Remember the danger zone for food is 40 to 140! Food left in that zone for more than a couple of hours will not be safe to eat. Keep refrigerated foods below 40, I keep mine as close to freezing as possible. Small refers can get warm quickly with the door open and takes awhile to cool back down. Cooked foods should be kept at 140 or above. It usually takes overnite for mine to get to temperature and if the fridge is below 40 the freezer is below 32.