Correct Track from Lippert Industries

dfjturner

I have recently purchased a 267XL Sundance with Correct Track. No one at the dealership where I purchased the 5th wheel, Camping World, can tell me what is Correct Track. I am hoping that someone of my fellow campers can explain what it does. The Lippert Industries website talks about an automatic leveling system however there are no controls nor adjustments apparent. Thanks

danemayer

Hi dfjturner,

Correct Track is a suspension alignment device. It has nothing to do with leveling. It comes in 2 flavors: one that RV manufacturers use when building the trailer, and the other as an after market add on. The add on lifts the coach 2" because of the additional components used. The manufacturer version does not lift the coach.

If you ignore the Correct Track, it's just as though you had bought a coach that didn't have it.

While the sales people at CW may be unfamiliar with Correct Track, there's a possibility that the service dep't may know more. They may have the laser alignment tool used to check the front-to-rear alignment of the axles to see if adjustment would be helpful.

The main reason for Correct Track is that weight is unevenly distributed side-to-side in most RVs. The additional weight on one side can compress the springs more on that side, moving the axles apart more on the one side. This can create a situation where the axles (and wheels) are not quite parallel. Rotating the cam on the Correct Track can bring the axles back to parallel.

The inventor of Correct Track has recommended that alignment, if ever checked, should be checked when the trailer is loaded the way you load it for travel.

Rollin_Free

if you do a internet search you probably can identify which system you have however they are all basically aligning the axles to the king pin. Misaligned axles will cause your rig to track behind your TV slightly sideways which wears tires and puts extra stress on the suspension. You should be able to find a manual or YouTube on this subject.

The benefits of having your rig aligned is not any different than having your TV wheels properly aligned to extend tire life and keep your vehicle from pulling to one side all the time.