Costly Milk Shakes

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

FYI: If you do pick it up from CW hopefully the pin is the same, then you can just pull the pin out of the new one and stick it in the old one. If it's not you can cut the loop on the pin to remove the cable and use a heavy duty key ring like I did.
Just a little tip to make the install a little easier.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I just came from CW with a new 6' Zip Breakaway Cable. $10.97
Easy to cut the loop off the old pin with a side cutter and install the new one with the provided O-key ring.
I'm thinking CW had a run on these cable since this thread started. :)

Peace
Dave

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I just got back from CW with the 6-footer . . .gonna install it in a few minutes!

pegmikef

Just ordered one from Amazon.com Prime (as Frank sez, if Amazon doesn't have it, you don't need it). I got the four footer because I measured my existing cable that has worked well for 25 K miles and it is only 42 inches from the switch.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Installed mine a couple of hours ago.

I'll get to try it out in the morning when we roll out to the AZ HOC Tucson Rodeo Rally!

dlw930

8bf6ae0c7c55f088104ab1412f2d4cf9.jpg

Picked up mine (for the cost of 3 milkshakes before rubber surcharge) at CW and installed yesterday. Wow! Such a simple solution! I shared the OP to maybe help others avoid the problem and was shown an even better solution than I imagined. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk