Couple of questions on my 2011 cyclone 3950

TD495T

HI all we have been really pleased with our new to us cyclone, we have gotten to use it a couple of times trying to get fimiliar with everything. First question does the central vac system have a timer on it or something that turns it off, we can get the bedroom vacuumed and by the time we get to the kitchen it shuts off and have to wait a while before it will come back on. Second, we used the waterpump for the first time last weekend, it worked fine that night my wife and I both used it to take showers but the next morning when we got up we had no water. I checked and had power to the pump so i tapped on it with a screwdriver and it started pumping but quit shortly after that. I have read about all the problems with these shurflo 5.7 pumps so what does everyone recommend for a better replacement, would like a direct replacement so I dont have to change any of the plumbing if possible.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I have not had the problem you describe with the vacuum on our 3850 but my first guess would be that it's overheating and tripping the thermal protector. The airflow from the suction is used for cooling. I would start by changing the collection bag and checking for anything that may be obstructing the airlow. I'm not sure as I haven't had to change the bag yet but I would expect there to be a removable filter behind the bag just like a home vacuum.
Will it shut off if you are using the "dust-pan" feature? The obstruction may be in your vacuum hose if it works ok as a dust-pan.
Let us know what you find!

Last edited:

TD495T

I didn't even know about the dust-pan feature until I was reading some of the threads on here last night so I will give that a try. The wife will be happy about that little trick. I called shurflo today to see if just maybe they would help out on my pump problem since the pump has hardly ever been used but that was a waste of time. The guy I talked to was no help at all and was rude on the phone, he didn't seem like he wanted to even talk about the new pump that they came out with to replace these pumps so I ordered a aquajet pump today. Thanks for the help.

porthole

Retired
problems with these shurflo 5.7 pumps so what does everyone recommend for a better replacement, would like a direct replacement so I dont have to change any of the plumbing if possible.

Are you out of the 1 year warranty?

porthole

Retired
First question does the central vac system have a timer on it or something that turns it off, we can get the bedroom vacuumed and by the time we get to the kitchen it shuts off and have to wait a while before it will come back on.

See this thread. The fix for shutting the vac off may work just as well getting it back on.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...f-temporay-fix?p=273955&viewfull=1#post273955