Cracked rim

MagnoliaTom

I noticed I've been losing air on one of my tires. So I took the tire off to see if I could find where the leak was coming from. I dipped the tire into a big tub and to my surprise it was not the tire leaking air. It was a crack in the rim. I'm going to try to get it covered by warranty. Hopefully it'll work out.

45c8f356a915896936cb1dfbb5bea37a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roller4tan

I've had 3 rims replaced by tredit off of 2 different 5th wheels, 2 were cracked and 1 had a pin hole. Procedure pretty straight forward, you fill out a report sent to you after calling Tredit (they may have a pdf file on their website). They'll send you a new rim with a return box for the bad rim. They'll also reimburse you for charges of remounting the tire. Give them a call, much faster than having your dealer do it.

Bones

Same here I had a pin hole in my rim and was straight forward to replace. I should have the forms on one of my post about my rim earlier this year. You can fill them out and send them in.

brianlajoie

I too had a hole in my rim. Tredit said no problem replacing it. Problem is that they no longer carry the rim that is on my trailer. Tredit worked with me and I replaced all 5 rims.

MagnoliaTom

I've had 3 rims replaced by tredit off of 2 different 5th wheels, 2 were cracked and 1 had a pin hole. Procedure pretty straight forward, you fill out a report sent to you after calling Tredit (they may have a pdf file on their website). They'll send you a new rim with a return box for the bad rim. They'll also reimburse you for charges of remounting the tire. Give them a call, much faster than having your dealer do it.

Thanks for advising me on the procedure. Seems pretty easy. Also seems like a common issue

Lance & Jo

Have had 2 wheels replaced by Tredit and even though we are second owners they honored the "life time warranty" with no problem. Think you will find them to be pleasant and easy to work with.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Had a cracked rim discovered on a trip. Tredit was easy to work with. They fedex'd rim to me, because I was worried about getting it before we needed to leave town. Had to pay for that expedited shipping, and they would not pay for balancing, but did cover the removal from the cracked rim and remounting of the tire to the new rim. (We removed and replaced the wheel on the rig ourselves.)

MagnoliaTom

Called Tredit today. They emailed a form to me to fill out. Very nice folks and easy to work with as everyone has stated. Hope to get my new rim soon

dlw930

I also had a slow leak (in storage went from 110 to 70 psi in 3 weeks) in the front right of my 2013 Key Largo. Removed the tire/wheel and took to Discount Tire since I was getting TV tires rotate free there. They discovered a pinhole leak on the inside of the rim. Guess I'll be calling Tredit next week. Thankful for this forum and helpful folks like Dave and Dan.

jimtoo

Pretty sure it's a lifetime on the rims. See post #12 above for phone numbers and contact info.

Jim M

Miltp920

It seems that I need to add air every other trip. This past weekend, I had to push in 1.5 to 2 psi to bring them all up to 95 psi. I have heard some say, that they never have to add air. Should I suspect a crack or leak and get a submersion test done? They all were consistently low just a pound or two.

dlw930

I called Tredit this morning about the pinhole leak in my wheel. Apparently the manufacturer's warranty on RV wheels only applies to the original owner and doesn't transfer with ownership. Since we bought it pre-owned, I guess I'll be buying a new 16" wheel.