Cracking tires (H188 ST) - who makes them?

priorguy

These tires are on my North Trail. Who makes them and are they any good? All I can Google is that Tredit sells them. Mine are cracking on the sidewalls so if I pull out of my seasonal site they need replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Re: H188st?

Not sure what you're trying to get at. If they're cracking and you need to replace them, you need to replace them.

priorguy

Wanting to know what they are and who makes them. And should I replace with the same or go with a better known brand name.

priorguy

H188st?

Thanks Dan. I'll check in the daylight tomorrow morning. First camp out of 2014 for us this lovely Victoria Day weekend. I've been reading tire posts all winter so I thought I'd check mine today.

dbbls59

Maxxis seems to be the most popular replacement tire, however, if you are going to leave it parked on a seasonal site, I would buy the cheapest tire I could find.

priorguy

Maxxis seems to be the most popular replacement tire, however, if you are going to leave it parked on a seasonal site, I would buy the cheapest tire I could find.

Might go with an LT tire fire cost savings and weight carrying capacity. Next year when the youngest us in school we do plan to travel though. Now that there's a parking spot at the sticks and bricks for it. Just need the developer to finish the grading and grass first.

I think you're right about Maxxis being the best bang for the buck and overall quality.

priorguy

anusaheh.jpg
4azyqehy.jpg

whp4262

These tires are on my North Trail. Who makes them and are they any good? All I can Google is that Tredit sells them. Mine are cracking on the sidewalls so if I pull out of my seasonal site they need replacement.

I posted a DOT tire code chart a while back. If you search DOT tire code it should pop up.

Gaffer

Replace them with Maxxis. No question. Keep them covered when parked and check the pressure every morning that you tow. Keep an air compressor on board for this purpose.

wb2nco

I am going through the same issue right now as you did. We have a NEW T22 2011 (PURCHASED IN 2013) and the WD H188ST tires that are on there are cracking at the sidewall. We put a total of maybe 1200 miles on these 'new' tires. I asked the guy at Discount and he's never heard nor seen them before. The are manuf. is Tredit tires. They are the same company who makes the crappy Duro tires. I am taking them off and placing Maxxis tires on.

Birchwood

Don't get stressed out with cracking as it is only on the surface.NOW I only focus on the DOT information on the tire and that is all that matters.Now I am running a 2010,a 2012 tire and two 2008 tires .I need to replace the older tires before we travel from Canada to Florida.

priorguy

I currently park the trailer seasonally but the new sticks and bricks house has a big enough yard to park it. Plan to travel next season but will replace the tires first. My friend who is a tire distributor always recommends LT tires for the weight and speed capacity compared to an ST. And my trailer maxes out GVWR lower then most light trucks anyway.