Crank Handle for rear scissor stabilizers

wingfoot

I have exhausted all efforts to find a replacement crank for the rear electric scissor jacks on my 2008 Bighorn. You would think that Heartland would make the Landing Jacks and the rear stabilizer scissor jacks take the same crank, but the female end on the rear jacks is smaller. I've tried Lippert to no avail even thought the jack/motor is a Lippert product, too old they say. I've tried goggling and checking every site that comes up and got nothing but wrong cranks.
Any help wil be greatly appreciated....
Thanks in advance,
Larry

AKDallBH

On my 2008 bighorn, it is a 1/2" rod with a 1/4" slot cut in it. I was just looking at it the other day because I want to get a spare rod that I can chuck into my drill to use on them. The motor has been out since I bought the unit and it isn't worth the time money to replace. They shouldn't be that hard to find, I know that Flagstaff RV repair had several in two different lengths in stock. (Just had them working on the front landing gear).

Any machine shop should be able to make one pretty easy also.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Dan, on older rigs, that crank handle worked for the spare tire carrier and the front jacks. The one for the rear stabilizers was a plain end with a slot cut into it. It is inserted into the female fitting. Inside, there is a pin across it. The one pictured has a slotted female end that slips over the male fitting and engages the pin that protrudes from it.
When I first got my rig, I was missing the one for the jacks/spare and the slot in the other one was too narrow to fit the pin. Dealer took care of it after I called them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKDallBH

"Older rigs"...your hurting my feelings now😂. Our 2008 Bighorn is our New rig. My older rig was the 1978 Skamper.

wingfoot

Dan, on older rigs, that crank handle worked for the spare tire carrier and the front jacks. The one for the rear stabilizers was a plain end with a slot cut into it. It is inserted into the female fitting. Inside, there is a pin across it. The one pictured has a slotted female end that slips over the male fitting and engages the pin that protrudes from it.
When I first got my rig, I was missing the one for the jacks/spare and the slot in the other one was too narrow to fit the pin. Dealer took care of it after I called them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BINGO JOHN....that will work for me! I have been trying to find slotted socket crank that will fit over the rear scissor jacks with a pin in it. Never thought ablout a crank sans slotted socket...I'll start looking for one you describe...I'm not to optimistic though....I've goggled Cranks till I almost went blind....never saw one like your talking about..
Thanks for your response...you may have solved my problem..
Larry

wingfoot

Don't think so Dan...that one does not have a slot in the socket that I can tell.
Take a look at John's post...Looks like I may have been looking for the wrong crank.
Thanks for the response anyway.
Larry

danemayer

Don't think so Dan...that one does not have a slot in the socket that I can tell.
Take a look at John's post...Looks like I may have been looking for the wrong crank.
Thanks for the response anyway.
Larry
The text indicates a number of different fittings are available. Might be worth a phone call.

myla296

I'm now in a position to need this... It appears the motor may have gone out. :( I'm going to start my own plea for help :D