Crazy question

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have always wondered if the word for yourself is I why can't the word for someone else be U instead of you? And why is the color RED and when you finished a book you READ it? It goes on and on. Just something to ponder one.:D:D

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well if you're a strong personallity you can lead and be strong enough to carry a box full of lead.

OK I will correct my grammer spelling. You're correct about your english.

Last edited:

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
I check this forum like 10 times a day and I thought I probably have too much time on my hands. Then I run across this thread and I realize, I'm not the only one. BTW, what was the "best thing BEFORE sliced bread"?? Ken

pegmikef

. . . why is sheep the same whether it is one or ten? . . . how do you fly an airplane? . . . and so it goes

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I have always wondered if the word for yourself is I why can't the word for someone else be U instead of you? And why is the color RED and when you finished a book you READ it? It goes on and on. Just something to ponder one.:D:D

and how do you know (no) if it is pronounced RED or REED????

I took Spanish in high school and college and then got to use the everyday version in Texas. English, by far is harder to learn.

Willym

It's just England's lasting gift (read revenge) to their former colonies for getting stroppy and going independent! As I note on this forum and elsewhere, people spell words however they like. I can always understand them, but get a chuckle out of the interesting spellings, e.g. "your" instead of "you're". Language is constantly evolving and I'm sure that "u" as used for "you" will someday make the OED as an acceptable spelling. Where I grew up in the UK. The word "thee" was still used for (often contracted to "ee"), but it's now used very little.

pegmikef

of the interesting spellings, e.g. "your" instead of "you're". .

. . . and the infamous "there" used for "their" or "they're" or any other combination of substitution depending how the writer feels at the time.

Having been one who had to suffer through high school English in both Toronto, ON and Rochester, NY I know very well how confusing it can be . . .

jimtoo

And also in N. J. and some other Eastern states it's against the law to stand on the street. Signs say "No Parking" "No Standing".