Curious shaving question

Garypowell

I am using a blade razor now more than my electric. When at home I have no problem keeping the area between the blades free of debre. Home water pressure is so much higher than RV pressure.

In the RV I can't find a way to keep my razor clean......other than a can of computer cleaning air do any of you have a solution for this problem?

thanks

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I am using a blade razor now more than my electric. When at home I have no problem keeping the area between the blades free of debre. Home water pressure is so much higher than RV pressure.

In the RV I can't find a way to keep my razor clean......other than a can of computer cleaning air do any of you have a solution for this problem?

thanks

Well . . . when we are on the road camping, I tell my wife that razors don't work! :rolleyes:

I know she knows better . . . 'cause she claims that shaving her legs still works! :p

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I take a small soft brush and use it parallel to the blades under running water. Or, if I can find an unused spigot in a campground site, I will blast it off there.

Getting that debris off really prolongs the life of blades. Blades don't become dull from use as much as the corrosion that dulls them if they are not cleaned.

Also, back in the day I would put my razor in a small cup of baby oil between uses, to prevent corrosion. For whatever reason, I stopped doing that, but it does work. Trace

JohnD

I take a small soft brush and use it parallel to the blades under running water. Or, if I can find an unused spigot in a campground site, I will blast it off there.

Getting that debris off really prolongs the life of blades. Blades don't become dull from use as much as the corrosion that dulls them if they are not cleaned.

Also, back in the day I would put my razor in a small cup of baby oil between uses, to prevent corrosion. For whatever reason, I stopped doing that, but it does work. Trace

For daily shaving . . . I use an electric razor.

But I pull out the blade and shaving creme about once every two months to clean up the edges!

ICamel

Use your wife's toothbrush to clean between the blades:cool: Just don't tell her or let her catch you in the act! Or just take along an extra toothbrush.

thanks

DocFather

Fill the sink with a 5" or 6" of hot water, and when you need to clean off the razor, stick it in the water and make like a blender with it. Works just fine.

olcoon

What I do is more economical, quicker, and easier than the other suggestions...I quit shaving 5 years ago when I retired!

Garypowell

Thanks for the input so far. Several ideas here I'll have to try. Unfortunately still working but don't see customers everyday. Out today in Panama City, FL at the university. Leaving tomorrow for Gulf Port, MS and a weekend with the Grandkids.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
I have a friend that just puts milk on his face and then calls the Cat....Not really sure if it works, but he doesn't have any facial hair.....Hum...I am thinking JohnD could try this one out and let us know....

JohnD

I have a friend that just puts milk on his face and then calls the Cat....Not really sure if it works, but he doesn't have any facial hair.....Hum...I am thinking JohnD could try this one out and let us know....

I'll let you know!

ncrzrbk

Switch to single blade razors. More economical. Always used multi-blade but gave this a try. No regrets!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bohemian

I fill my sink with water and rapidly swish the blade set back and forth through the water. That generates more pressure and flow through the blades than most spigots are capable of providing.

Kosanko

Just grow a beard and get it trimmed when you get your hair cut,

or you could go for laser hair removal and never have to shave again!!

JerryC

Fill the sink with a 5" or 6" of hot water, and when you need to clean off the razor, stick it in the water and make like a blender with it. Works just fine.

I agree with docfather although you don't need even that much water. About 1inch should do it. Just submerge the blades and give a good shake and all the crud should come right off.

Gaffer

k2-_f75435e1-6606-436e-b606-00599885c162.v1.jpg

This is what I use. You can get blades as cheap as $14 per hundred. Easy to clean!