Current Mounted TV versus an new TV Mount

crussian

Trying to figure out what is behind the wall on my Oakmont 345RS. Right now there is a TV mount in the wall which uses 2 screws to attach mount to wall. Not sure what they are screwed in to. Is it a wooden vertical board or is it a metal vertical piece? The screws look to be wood screws but I could be wrong. They are flat head and silver in color. I'm pretty sure that I'll be okay with weight, just not sure the mounting screws to the back of the TV is universal. The TV currently is a Legend. It is 1080p but refresh rate is 60 and you can tell the difference. It also is not a smart TV which means I can't get it to show anything from our iPad or Note 5 phone (both have those features).

Bottom line, short of calling Heartland, does anyone know about the wood or metal struts that run vertical in the frame of the wall? how far are they spaced apart?

thanks in advance.

C&J

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You could try using a stud finder (one that does metal and wood), or remove the screws and probe the holes with a needle or stiff wire to see what's there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crussian

You could try using a stud finder (one that does metal and wood), or remove the screws and probe the holes with a needle or stiff wire to see what's there.

That was my next move. I know the newer TV will weigh less than the current Legend because the weight of the newer ones is awesome.

Thanks

C&J

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: Walls and hidden things.

Trying to figure out what is behind the wall on my Oakmont 345RS. Right now there is a TV mount in the wall which uses 2 screws to attach mount to wall. Not sure what they are screwed in to. Is it a wooden vertical board or is it a metal vertical piece? The screws look to be wood screws but I could be wrong. They are flat head and silver in color. I'm pretty sure that I'll be okay with weight, just not sure the mounting screws to the back of the TV is universal. The TV currently is a Legend. It is 1080p but refresh rate is 60 and you can tell the difference. It also is not a smart TV which means I can't get it to show anything from our iPad or Note 5 phone (both have those features).

Bottom line, short of calling Heartland, does anyone know about the wood or metal struts that run vertical in the frame of the wall? how far are they spaced apart?

thanks in advance.

C&J

If it's an internal wall, it's likely wood. If exterior, it's aluminum. I don't believe there is a standard spacing. I would use a stud finder but also make sure it can detect wiring. Wiring is often run in interior walls.

Gary521

Traveltiger is correct. Call Heartland and they will tell you where the TV mounting plates are located.