Currently at Heartland service center

dennych1

Well hear in Elkhart at new service center. We arrived this morning at 6am. We have problems with slides being off center in opening and destroying gaskets. Also the rubber roof on slides wore through . Plus axle spacing/tracking problems. Plus cracks in fiberglass. Darryl and John here are very attentive. Let's see what the diagnosis is at end of day. I am hopeful problems will be resolved

jbeletti

Sorry to hear of your issues Denny. You're in good hands at the Heartland Service Center.

Enjoy the area while you're in town. Holler back if you need suggestions on where to eat :)

dennych1

Darryl from service center reviewed my problems and resolutions. Turns out I have a broken weld in sidewall which they will fix that and other problems. Lip pert will come on Thursday resolve axle spacing/tracking issue. The repairs will be done early next week. My camper is going to be 2 years old next month and they are covering all repairs since I reported problems with slides when under warranty. We are very happy how heartland handled the issues and stood behind there product.
Thanks Heartland and Darryl and John
Thanks again
Dennis and Barbara

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
That's good to hear! Heartlands customer service is why we are loyal Heartland owners!!

Rod

chiefneon

Howdy!

Glad they are taking g care of your problems. I am having on going problems with our Cyclone 4000. I have offer to tow ours to Elkhart at my expense if they would fix it. They advised me even if I brought it to them they would out source the work to someone else.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

'Lil Guy'

Great news on your rig. Glad they're taking care of you. Sounds like they're going above and beyond for you. Again, great to hear about their service.

dennych1

Chiefneon I wonder why they said that. I know they made me bring it to 2 repair places locally and they both said they wouldnt work on it because it was structural. Then they gave me the ok to make an appointment

Dloebrich

Well hear in Elkhart at new service center. We arrived this morning at 6am. We have problems with slides being off center in opening and destroying gaskets. Also the rubber roof on slides wore through . Plus axle spacing/tracking problems. Plus cracks in fiberglass. Darryl and John here are very attentive. Let's see what the diagnosis is at end of day. I am hopeful problems will be resolved
We have had some major sleep issues. The good news is that all have been corrected . Thanks to Darrel, John and Chris. The factory really stepped up to do the right thing. It's not always what goes wrong as much as how it is handled.

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
I am still under warranty and was denied when I requested some small issues to be addressed while in the area

danemayer

When the Elkhart Service Center was opened last June, it was explained that the initial focus would be on warranty repairs that were beyond the capability of local dealers, along with end-of-line repairs that free up space on the manufacturing floor.

So for the time being, it shouldn't be surprising that requests to have work done at the factory location will mostly be declined.

dennych1

Well back at service center to pick up my camper. Well everything is fixed. The tracking problem lip pert found a broken weld on a spring hanger. They took off axles and rewelded all spring hangers and replaced all bolts on suspension and replaced shocks. The people at the service center did a great job. We are staying the night in back of the center so we can get everything back together. We went to Heinnies in n Elkhart they have the best prime rib. Well tomorrow we will make our way to floridly to attend the Florida rally.
Thanks Again Heartland
Dennis and Barbara

DougS

Doug S
Great to hear your RV is fixed and ready for the road and that you were treated well by HL. See you in FL.

jbeletti

Well back at service center to pick up my camper. Well everything is fixed. The tracking problem lip pert found a broken weld on a spring hanger. They took off axles and rewelded all spring hangers and replaced all bolts on suspension and replaced shocks. The people at the service center did a great job. We are staying the night in back of the center so we can get everything back together. We went to Heinnies in n Elkhart they have the best prime rib. Well tomorrow we will make our way to floridly to attend the Florida rally.
Thanks Again Heartland
Dennis and Barbara

Happy to hear Heartland took good care of you. Equally happy to see you had the prime rib at Heinnies. Good stuff!

dennych1

Well got to Florida and the crack in corner of slide they rewelded is back working with heartland for next step.

Bones

do you have a picture and how it relates to the position along the main I beam frame?

dennych1

do you have a picture and how it relates to the position along the main I beam frame?
Having trouble attaching photo but crack is at right corner of door slide runs from corner to top of trailer.
Dennis

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 91

Bones

Did anyone look at your frame? There is a chance your I beam frame is flexing somewhere and is actually causing this issue.