"CURT" Fifth Wheel Hitches ?

bsuds

We have a Curt Q20 and got what I thought was a good deal when we bought it. No regrets at all.

Dutch & Di

We bought the Curt Hitch when we ordered our 2014 Dodge 3500 dually. It was a nightmare. After 18 years of fulltiming, it would take forever to get the darned thing to "click" in. We were soooo frustrated. I finally found yet another Dodge dealer and poured out my heart. He said he felt we had a bad hitch top. He ordered one and we headed his way. What a DIFFERENCE!!!! Now we love our Curt hitch. Curt even called us for a followup check to see if we had been taken care of. The Dodge dealer and Curt certainly turned our experience around. Hugs, Di

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
I currently have the Reese 15K slider and we are in the process of considering a larger trailer and I like what I have read about the Curt hitch. To the best of you knowledge, can I use my Reese rails? I read that someone thought the Curt were a heavier/stronger rail but is it worth the cost of switching?
Doug

Pizzaguy

I currently have the Reese 15K slider and we are in the process of considering a larger trailer and I like what I have read about the Curt hitch. To the best of you knowledge, can I use my Reese rails? I read that someone thought the Curt were a heavier/stronger rail but is it worth the cost of switching?
Doug
Yes you can use your Reese rails, unless you have some very light duty ones. I don't think you would need to change them. Just look them over after towing a few times. If there are no issues, you are fine. You will like the Curt hitch. I had one for several years before going to a TrailerSaver TS3.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We bought the Curt Hitch when we ordered our 2014 Dodge 3500 dually. It was a nightmare. After 18 years of fulltiming, it would take forever to get the darned thing to "click" in. We were soooo frustrated. I finally found yet another Dodge dealer and poured out my heart. He said he felt we had a bad hitch top. He ordered one and we headed his way. What a DIFFERENCE!!!! Now we love our Curt hitch. Curt even called us for a followup check to see if we had been taken care of. The Dodge dealer and Curt certainly turned our experience around. Hugs, Di

We ordered our 2015 Silverado, and this too was our experience when we hooked up, or attempted to, for the first time this past Thursday....took us almost 2 1/2 hours, most of that time on the phone with Curt.

It appears there is something seriously wrong with the head...no matter what we did it would NOT latch. DH finally had to pry the left jaw back so it would finally seat and latch. We got to our destination and had no issue unhitching. Curt is sending a new head unit under warranty....hopefully we will have the same outcome. If not, they can keep it and we will be ordering another Pullrite...never had an issue with our old ones.

B

Boatman

Having used a Reese 14K slider for a few years we recently upgraded to the Curt 20K slider. IMHO Curt is head and shoulders above Reese. Were never happy with the Reese but love the Curt. Agreed its heavier, but easier to latch and unlatch and requires very little maintenance. You would be happy with

Dutch & Di

That new head should take care of pulling the hair out of YOUR head!:rolleyes:. Ours has worked fantastic since the new head was put on back in July. Hugs, Di

We ordered our 2015 Silverado, and this too was our experience when we hooked up, or attempted to, for the first time this past Thursday....took us almost 2 1/2 hours, most of that time on the phone with Curt.

It appears there is something seriously wrong with the head...no matter what we did it would NOT latch. DH finally had to pry the left jaw back so it would finally seat and latch. We got to our destination and had no issue unhitching. Curt is sending a new head unit under warranty....hopefully we will have the same outcome. If not, they can keep it and we will be ordering another Pullrite...never had an issue with our old ones.