Cyclone 300C

61Hawks

Hi all. I hope I'm posting in the right place. We are new here and are the proud owners (on Friday) of a 2014 Cyclone 300C. We just sold our 2007 Titanium and when we had the chance to see this fully loaded unit we couldn't resist. We had been in the market for a Raptor but I loved pulling the Titanium and the new 300C "called to us". Can't wait for Friday.

jimtoo

Hi 61Hawks,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Do a very good PDI when you go to pickup your new toy.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Appleguy

I have a 2013 Road Warrior 30C, same as Cyclone 300. Change the tires immediately to a G rated tire before you have the Tow Maxes blow up and damage your new rig. I lost one at 4800 miles on Memorial Day and am still waiting for the tire importer to settle up. fixed the damage myself...better than factory. Take a long time on the PDI... Open and close every window. One of ours was screwed shut by an improperly installed mounting screw. also check out fold down legs on garage dinette set and make sure legs touch the floor when the unit is lowered. you will note that there is no real place to mount the toilet paper holder. we had to purchase a special one that was wide enough to span the stiles on the left hand cabinet door. We mounted the holder to the inside of the door. Enjoy your rig, we love ours but had to do a lot of mods to get it to where it is today.

taken

X2 on changing the tires IMMEDIATELY after purchase. The Towmax tires that came with it (unless it was optioned with the Goodyear G614's from the factory) are complete garbage and the forums are full of stories of "new" correctly loaded and pressured tires coming apart very soon after purchase. Other than that, enjoy! We love our 30C and have been tweaking it like Appleguy since we bought it. Love the Titanium nose too. Makes for a shorter towing package, tows great behind a short bed truck, and has a very unique look that people always seem to notice both on the road and at campgrounds...

61Hawks

We traded in our Titanium so I really know about blow outs. Last summer I put new Michelin tires on and I demanded they take their tires off the new rv and put my tires on. I didn't want to go through that again

taken

The Michelin XPS Ribs are a bit under rated for your two 7k axles and 16k GVWR but you'll probably be fine. They will be better than the Towmax junk for sure...

Appleguy

if you want the shock of your life remove the 4 screws that hold your bedroom head board to the wall and slide it out. You will discover that all that separates you from the great outdoors is a thin layer of fiberglass of the front cap and a thin layer of 1/8" plywood. there is absolutely no insulation in the front cap. I added 11/2" foam to the flat surface of the wall and glued 3/4 foam to the curved portion of the head board. heartland should spray foam the inside of the fiberglass front cap. I have insulated every water line with pipe insulation, added 3" of foam to the garage floor and also pulled down the coroplast and insulated the entire underside frame to frame including the frame sides. So far my plumbing has survived 22* with no heat on. last weekend I made interior window coverings from 1/2" foam board. they are a Friction fit and the window shades and blinds keep them in place. They really make a difference in interior temps.