Cyclone 3100 Sewer hose storage

Dober2004

Picking up our new Cyclone 3100 next week. I do not remember seeing a bumper. Is there a storage area for the sewer hose on the 3100, or will we have to make something?

Jasonrs1319

There isn't a dedicated storage area i have been using the area at the fuel station where the pump handle is stored to also store the sewer houses and misc hose connections. All fits for me.

scottyb

I used 6" PVC sewer pipe with glued caps only I didn't glue them. I had this plan for some ingenious means of a twist lock, but the caps fit so snugly that nothing was needed. I painted the green pipe flat black. The only hangers I could find were for PVC water pipe which has a larger OD. I used the rubber gaskets from the sewer pipe as a spacer and I suppose they sort of work as dampeners for vibration too. Whatever, right?:rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_2524.jpg
    IMG_2524.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2525.jpg
    IMG_2525.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 103

pegmikef

FYI my 2014 BH came with a storage tube installed and I installed a second one. I bought the second one from Heartland and it was like $27.00 with the HOC discount. The tubes have latched end caps that can be opened at either end.

Attachments

• sewr2.JPG
    sewr2.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 145
  • sewr3.JPG
    sewr3.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 136

scottyb

FYI my 2014 BH came with a storage tube installed and I installed a second one. I bought the second one from Heartland and it was like $27.00 with the HOC discount. The tubes have latched end caps that can be opened at either end.

There you go. A case of "You can't build it any cheaper yourself." If I had to purchase the materials for mine, it would have cost a lot more than $27. :(

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I did the PVC route as well but I was able to find galvanized hangers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miltp920

Do you have the part number so I order the right storage tube and hardware?

i have been shoving it in a compartment, but a tube would be slick.

pegmikef

Do you have the part number so I order the right storage tube and hardware?

i have been shoving it in a compartment, but a tube would be slick.

Hey, I did good. I actually was able to find the email they sent me that has the number and the parts department number. Just have them verify that the part number is in fact the tube. Their response was"

"As for the tube for the sewer hose the part number is 0128589 and can be ordered from Heartland by asking for parts at number 877-262-8032 they can give you the price for the part."

porthole

Retired
I'd have to check to see what pipe I have, but whatever diameter it is it is schedule 40, and yes the clamps are fine.

Ladiver

What is the overall length of the storage tube? If it opens on both sides, it would be nice if it were accessible from either side of the trailer! Also, I see the mounting for the one side it a perfect alignment. Is the other side mounted the same way? Did it line up perfect to a beam, or did you have to modify anything?

Right now, we just use a storage bin. I am not too happy with this arrangement because it takes up too much valuable space.

pegmikef

What is the overall length of the storage tube? If it opens on both sides, it would be nice if it were accessible from either side of the trailer! Also, I see the mounting for the one side it a perfect alignment. Is the other side mounted the same way? Did it line up perfect to a beam, or did you have to modify anything?

Length: 70 inches. I have a 15 foot hose stored in one and a ten footer in the other.

Yes, it opens on both ends.

The way mine is mounted it just barely reachs the other beam. I just mounted the second one like the factory installed one. On the other end it is screwed to the metal bottom of the generator compartment with the screw coming up right next to the wall inside the compartment. One might be able to center it on the beams, but it might be kind of tough to drill and you would have to be dead on. In the pix you will see that it comes right up to the back edge of the beam. I did not modify anything.

Attachments

• sewr4.JPG
    sewr4.JPG
    217.5 KB · Views: 80

Ladiver

Length: 70 inches. I have a 15 foot hose stored in one and a ten footer in the other.

Yes, it opens on both ends.

The way mine is mounted it just barely reachs the other beam. I just mounted the second one like the factory installed one. On the other end it is screwed to the metal bottom of the generator compartment with the screw coming up right next to the wall inside the compartment. One might be able to center it on the beams, but it might be kind of tough to drill and you would have to be dead on. In the pix you will see that it comes right up to the back edge of the beam. I did not modify anything.

Thanks,

I will crawl under my trailer and see what I can mount to at 70". I like the idea of 2, because I also travel with 2 hoses, just in case! I never thought about putting the tube at the front of the trailer (under the generator), but thought at the rear would be best. I have the plastic cover on the bottom, so I would have to make an exploratory cut or two if I wanted to mount towards the front.

Garypowell

I have not seen it mentioned but have other posts (and then did it myself) using a 5" square fence post. Got two plain "tops" and use them as end caps.

I used the the same brackets that electricians use to hang electrical parts from I beams and metal strapping.

Miltp920

Hey, I did good. I actually was able to find the email they sent me that has the number and the parts department number. Just have them verify that the part number is in fact the tube. Their response was"

"As for the tube for the sewer hose the part number is 0128589 and can be ordered from Heartland by asking for parts at number 877-262-8032 they can give you the price for the part."

thanks for the part number!