Cyclone 4000 Circuit Breaker & Fuse Identification area.

Jv75353

I recently purchased a new 2015 Cyclone 4000. The issue is that both the circuit breakers and fuses were marked by hand by someone whose penmanship could use a lot of help. I really can't make any sense out of the hyroglifics. My question is, are all the circuits common for a specific model so another identical model could be used to decipher the labels. Or should I contact Hartland service with my Vin # handy and see what they can provide. I really don't want to solve this puzzle by trial and error. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I hope I've posted this in the correct area.

BLHFUN

Don't feel bad. like to help but I have the same issue. View attachment 39926

Lol. You and I had the same tech.

BED- bedroom Outlets/TV's
FAC- front AC
GFI- All GFI protected outlets
RAC- Rear AC (notice the AC's are split between leg A and Leg B
refer - refrigerator
MICRO - microwave
WH- water heater
convect- no clue since you have Micro listed above. Could be furnace?
Garage- garage AC plugs, stereo.
Vac- vacuum
fire- fireplace
W/D - washer / dryer

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Cyclone 4000 Circuit Breaker & Fuse Identification area.

Conv could be for converter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jv75353

If you'll post a clear picture, maybe we can help you decode the writing.
I will post pictures after I get the trailer back from the dealer. They are taking care of some issues found post PDI. The dealer did think they could or would be able decipher the markings, personally I don't think they want to put much effort into solving this issue.

avvidclif

Bedroom
Front A/C
GFI
Rear A/C
Refrigerator
Microwave
Water Heater
Converter
Garage
Vacuum
Fireplace
Washer/Dryer

Mine was written by the same guy but is a tad more readable. I don't have the W/D so my last one is fireplace and I've been wondering

about that. Now to figure out which one they piggybacked the 3rd AC to. When it cools off I'll turn off the AC and start digging.

Otherwise same box and same order in the Cyclone.

Nbomar

89d4edcc1e69e8b96e31bea2e29b753c.jpg

Look at this one... Yes this is how it came. 2014 Road Warrior

ILH

So I have to ask, do you think that if any of the senior management at Heartland saw this, would they be shocked? I can't believe this is considered acceptable.

Nbomar

I doubt it. I called this week for a wiring diagram due to some electrical problems with my generator. I was told by the tech customer service rep that they don't have any pictures or a specific diagram for wiring because it "depends where it was built and which installer wired it". Blows my mind that a company of this size that builds the amount of campers they build doesn't have specific guidelines and instructions on every single stage on building their units. I own restaurants and I have instructions for every cook on every item down to the minutes and specific ingredients for perfect food every time. I have instructions for my bar back I how every glass goes in every cooler to ensure low breakage and proper freezing of the mugs... Just crazy...

danemayer

I called this week for a wiring diagram due to some electrical problems with my generator. I was told by the tech customer service rep that they don't have any pictures or a specific diagram for wiring because it "depends where it was built and which installer wired it".
There are engineering drawings for the electrical wiring, as there are for plumbing and everything else. They just don't let them out of engineering.

My guess is that Engineering doesn't want to give you a diagram, have you rip your coach apart looking for wires, and then find out the installer didn't put the wires exactly the way the drawing shows.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I was told the same thing. I believe they have a basic schematic for wiring the rigs but it is not uncommon to make one or more mid-year production changes which may slightly change the way the wires are run or hooked up. Therefore they do not make a wiring diagram for every rig. Also they do not want to release to the public certain engineering drawings due to the competitive nature of the RV industry. They are considered as trade secrets. Now if you want specific information concerning the way your specific rig is hooked up or the location of a circuit breaker etc when you give your vin to the person in customer service they will contact the engineering department and find out the information for you and call you back with that info. They have done this for me on several occasions.

alex00

Yup same guy probably wrote my labels as everyone else's. My washer/dryer circuit and converter circuit were switched. So were the microwave and vacuum.

When I rewired I just found which outlet was on which circuit and used a label maker. It's worth tracking each circuit down and labeling them correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

avvidclif

I was told the same thing. I believe they have a basic schematic for wiring the rigs but it is not uncommon to make one or more mid-year production changes which may slightly change the way the wires are run or hooked up. Therefore they do not make a wiring diagram for every rig. Also they do not want to release to the public certain engineering drawings due to the competitive nature of the RV industry. They are considered as trade secrets. Now if you want specific information concerning the way your specific rig is hooked up or the location of a circuit breaker etc when you give your vin to the person in customer service they will contact the engineering department and find out the information for you and call you back with that info. They have done this for me on several occasions.

And then people wonder why the rv is haphazardly thrown together and requires a lot of work by the new owner. My comment applies to more than just the electrical. An rv is way too complicated to rely on "fly by the seat of the pants" assembly. Any company that doesn't have a complete and correct set of assembly plans that are followed to the letter by production is in my opinion run by idiots. Why have the plans if they are an option to follow?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
And then people wonder why the rv is haphazardly thrown together and requires a lot of work by the new owner. My comment applies to more than just the electrical. An rv is way too complicated to rely on "fly by the seat of the pants" assembly. Any company that doesn't have a complete and correct set of assembly plans that are followed to the letter by production is in my opinion run by idiots. Why have the plans if they are an option to follow?

I do agree with you but the assembly line needs to have the ability to make changes as substitute parts may be needed due to suppliers changing their designs or new suppliers being added or changed making installation changes necessary. It could be a different supplier is used temporarily due to a supplier being out of stock. I remember on time Coleman air conditioners were used when Dometic was unavailable. Without the 'line' having the ability to make changes at their level assembly might grind to a halt. It also is a major issue within the industry to keep a competitor from copying a design.