Cyclone 4100

Hey guys,
I purchased a 2016 4100 cyclone king in July and have been having some issues. On the way home from the dealership after purchase I lost brakes and had to take it back to be repaired. While I was there the dealer found several other issues (selector valve on tank fill, transfer switch, water pump, broken wire on breaks). We ended up spending 2 days in the parking lot at the dealership (sleeping in the camper at night sitting in the truck during the day with my wife and 3 dogs). We bought this camper to live in full time while we build our house. On our first trip to Orlando, the fridge falls out of the slide damaging the fridge, the slide, and the floor. In the midst of all this the fridge falling out ripped a water line loose under the slide and was pouring water in the campground. The next morning I went up the ladder to put the satellite up and the root is peeling up in several places.i called my dealer and they weren't much help saying bring it in we will order parts and you can have it back in 4-6 weeks, which isn't really an option because I live in it. I called heartland and was told that it was my responsibility to get up and fix the roof (keep in mind the camper still has the drive out tag at this point) . It seems like a lot of issues and not much help, during the sale it was quick and easy but now it's like I'm being worked against. Is this normal with such a reputable company ? My uncle has a tippin motor home and had some issues and the president actually called him to follow up... Pretty cool.
thanks in advance

OEFVET

Sorry to hear about your issues. Unfortunately the dealers are independent from Heartland. IMHO the dealer is the weakest link in the process. By that I mean exactly as you have experienced. They are real quick to seal the deal and take your money however getting them to perform warranty work in a timely manner can be challenging. My advice is to contact Heartland and begin the warranty process. Fix what you can and what you cannot see if you can locate a reputable on site repair truck to do the rest. I know it's not what you want to hear but it's my best advice. Good Luck!

danemayer

I went up the ladder to put the satellite up and the root is peeling up in several places.

Hi Wbarmistead,

Can you explain what you mean by "roof is peeling up" and maybe post pictures.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Call HL service, ask if their is an independent service center you can work with near you. HL might also have a mobile repair person that can do repairs. The only issue with that is you will have to pay for his travel time. Sometimes that price is cheaper that your fuel and travel time to a dealer.

As stated above, take pix of all your issues, call HL and discuss it with them, have your VIN# handy and email the pix at the same time.