Cyclone 4200 LR Slide issue

apc427

We noticed that our Living room slide tilts back significantly when we bring the slide in, and then falls into place. This has caused our refrigerator to come unplugged twice. We finally duct taped the plug down. We had the dealership look at it and they stated this is a known issue and that we needed to have the C Chanel bar replaced with a square bar on the slide. we are having this done Thursday. Has anyone else had this issue?

Power-Stroke

My slide also tilts back significantly, but I've never had the refrigerator come unplugged. Was not aware this is a "known" issue. Is this a warranty repair?

Power-Stroke

apc427-
If you're able, could you please take a picture of the C channel bar and also the replacement? Forgive my ignorance, but I can't see (in my mind's eye) what you're talking about. Also, did you experience this problem from the beginning or did it show up after using the slide several times?
Appreciate you sharing.
Jay

apc427

Jay, we are getting it replaced this Thursday. Will take pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim-Lynn

I was not aware of an issue. My 4200 slide does tilt back, never unplugged though. Paul, are they just replacing the "C: channel? or the rollers as well? Let us know how you make out?

Jim

ndmac

We noticed that our Living room slide tilts back significantly when we bring the slide in, and then falls into place. This has caused our refrigerator to come unplugged twice. We finally duct taped the plug down. We had the dealership look at it and they stated this is a known issue and that we needed to have the C Chanel bar replaced with a square bar on the slide. we are having this done Thursday. Has anyone else had this issue?

I have noticed same thing. Very curious to see the warranty repair when complete. adding his to the list of thing still needing done before warranty expires. Thanks for heads up.

apc427

Got it done.Here is a couple pics of slide bar, c bar on slide replacing it with square bar. Replace under warranty.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 95

apc427

It doesn't tilt back as far. Originally I had the dealership look at slide because it hung up once when I was bringing it in. They looked at it, and said it was tilting too much. The c channel was spreading open, and they took pics and sent them into warranty for repair. The service department has dealt with this problem before and knew how to handle the warranty

Power-Stroke

Appreciate you taking the time to share this. I hold my breath every time I bring the slide in due to the tilt. Glad your problem has been resolved.

Jay

Last edited:

apc427

I was glad to let fellow RVers know about it, and the solution to the problem. I would have not known about the issue if I didn't have it looked at for handing up on me

Besides this issue have you enjoyed the 4200? We are considering changing our fulltime setup to this and are trying to get as much input as possible.

Mcook

apc427
After you bought your 4200, can you estimate how much usage you had before you noticed this issue?
I'm worried I may not see the issue until after the wattenty expires.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

apc427

We live in our RV full time. I believe it was 6-7 months before we had this issue. Even after the fix it tilts which is probably normal for this model, but it hasn't hung up since they replaced the bar.

apc427

Well I'm a full timer. After I bought it we traveled about once a month, some time twice a month. It only hung on me once, but it had always seemed to tilt back too far. When I took it in for other warranty work I had them look at the slide. That's when the service manager told me about the bar. After it was approved by warranty I took the measurements and the ordered the bar and I took it back to for them to replace it. After they replaced it it's doesn't tilt back as far. The people at heartland are very nice and helpful. You can call them and talk to them.