Cyclone - Ice maker

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: ATF: Cyclone - Ice maker

You may have a shut off valve somewhere for the water supply.
Look for it under the sink or behind the basement wall.
Also the wire bale on the icemaker must be in the down position.

Peace
Dave

jimtoo

Hi Jim-Mary-Lou,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I would suggest you find where the ice maker water line is tied in.. most likely the valve is turned off and not letting water in. It's probably behind the UDC area, you may need to remove the panel in the basement next to the UDC to get there.

Let us know what you find.

Jim M

jimtoo

It is the Universal Docking Center,,, the area where you hookup water and and dump valves are.

TXTiger

I have a 2012 Cyclone 4014. My ice maker has always worked fine for the 4 months of ownership so far, but I have always been hooked up to water and power. Reciently I was at a campsite with no hookups and was using my generator and the water from my tank. My ice maker did not work. In fact the refer took a long time to cool down too. My local dealer advised me that the ice maker only works when hooked up? Haven't confirmed this yet. Will be at a campground with full hookup again at the CA rally at the end of the month and if all works fine then dealer was correct, if not Houston we have a problem!!.

danemayer

Reciently I was at a campsite with no hookups and was using my generator and the water from my tank. My ice maker did not work.

The ice maker in the Dometic 1350 relies on 110V. If your generator powers the trailer through a factory installed transfer switch, and is delivering power correctly, it should work the same. If 110V is getting to the ice maker circuit, it doesn't have any way of knowing where the power comes from.

If the frig is set to run on LP, it may assume there's no 110V to run the ice maker, so I'm not sure if it will make ice.

And of course, make sure the bail arm is all the way down. When it's up, it's telling the ice maker to stop making ice.

sdwelling

I just bought the 2012 4014 and cannot find the valve for the icemaker! Any hints appreciated!

2012 Cyclone 4014
2012 Ford F450

jimtoo

Hi sdwelling,

It is probably behind the UDC... you may need to remove a panel to get behind the UDC and find the valve and line for the ice maker.

Jim M

danemayer

If the frig is in a slide out, the valve is usually right behind the UDC and as Jim said, you have to take down the panel to get to it. If the frig is not in a slide out, the valve may be in a cabinet or drawer near the frig.

sdwelling

Thanks Guys! Found the ice maker valve under the kitchen sink near the floor.:eek: