Cyclone - Inside door handle

rocrider50

The inside door handle does not have enough room to get my hand in and pull the door closed. The window frame on the door blocks handle access. I have investigated other options but noting I like, most interfere with the screen door sliding cover. Any improved handles or other ideas to fix?

Last edited by a moderator:

OEFVET

Re: ATF: Cyclone - Inside door handle

This is what I installed on both inside doors. Works well

IMG_2277.jpg

rocrider50

View attachment 51783

Nice, but my screen door won't work with this I don't think, am I looking at this wrong? The screen is on top of this and i wouldn't be able to reach it? It appears that you have a screen window and I have a screen door that is on the inside, which would prevent me from using this solution.

OEFVET

Oh yes you are correct. Heartland added the separate screen door on the 2016 and later models. IMHO a screen door was not necessary since the toy haulers have such a large window with a screen.

rocrider50

I think I prefer the screen window on your model. The screen door is always a bit clumsy. I wonder if I could remove the screen door, upgrade the window?

OEFVET

I will tell you I personally LOVE the screen window. I notice all the other models from Landmark, Bighorn, Big Country, etc have the screen door which requires you to slam it to close it correctly. My screen window/door I literally close with two fingers. No slamming required. Also the screen window lets more then enough air in.

LBR

The inside door handle does not have enough room to get my hand in and pull the door closed. The window frame on the door blocks handle access. I have investigated other options but noting I like, most interfere with the screen door sliding cover. Any improved handles or other ideas to fix?
Our 2017 CY has the full screen doors, full windows, and door handles for 8 year old fingers...I feel your pain of those handles you have to hook with fingernails only! Here's what I did to fix it....

Contact RVLocks and buy a pair of their Version 4.0 Compact locks and you will have all the handle you need, plus a few more conveniences as well.

rocrider50

Our 2017 CY has the full screen doors, full windows, and door handles for 8 year old fingers...I feel your pain of those handles you have to hook with fingernails only! Here's what I did to fix it....

Contact RVLocks and buy a pair of their Version 4.0 Compact locks and you will have all the handle you need, plus a few more conveniences as well.

Is there a picture? found it.

Lou_and_Bette

View attachment 51783

I used the same handle that Chris used and I have a full screen door on our BH. There is a frame that allows the sliding handle to operate so you can get to the main door mechanism and that is where I mounted the pull handle. Simply latch screen door to main door and close.

avvidclif

I wish mine had the screen window, all it has is the clumsy screen door. And it's a 2015, built in 2014