Cyclones and Ft. Davis State Park

gunnere7

Thinking of a trip to Ft. Davis State Park in Texas later this year. Saw someone post some pics while there but can't find them. Was wondering how well a 3800 can maneuver there and if the sites are big enough. If not, any recommendations for an RV park in the area? Thanks

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We were there in Febr. and there are quite a few sites big enough. It is a very nice campground and bigger sites are pull through with full hookups.

Jim.Allison

Ft Davis is nice, they have a lodge, it loaded with trees. But if you cannot get in there you could use Marfa as an alternative. Or Alpine for that matter, the three towns form a triangle so its pretty easy to travel from one to the other. But Ft. Davis is my choice if you can get in there. I never parked a rig in there so I can't say anything about that.

d_fergie

Thinking of a trip to Ft. Davis State Park in Texas later this year. Saw someone post some pics while there but can't find them. Was wondering how well a 3800 can maneuver there and if the sites are big enough. If not, any recommendations for an RV park in the area? Thanks
Here is that thread ... //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/38602-Davis-Mountain-State-Park-Ft-Davis-TX keeping this in mind for when it cools down a little.

scottyb

We were there in Apr 2013. The larger sites with hookups don't have much shade but they do have very nice sheltered picnic tables. We drove the Mule up the scenic drive before they could catch us and tell us you are not allowed to drive anything that is not registered and licensed on the roads in the Park.

Attachments

• IMG_2244.jpg
    IMG_2244.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2251.jpg
    IMG_2251.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 46