Cyclones - still the best looking

porthole

Retired
So, as I sit here looking at two SOB toy haulers, and having looked at a dozen or so other TH's throughout the campground, I must say the Cyclone is still the best looking variant of this class.

iPhone using Tapatalk

DW_Gray

I agree. I was looking at the newest Volt last night and the Cyclone is second to none. The only good thing about the new Volt is it did have 19,000 GVWR. As for me, I need 20,000 GVWR.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I got yer toy hauler right here.:eek: We came up on this guy heading North out of FL this spring. Lots of swayin and all over the road. Scary!!

Attachments

• HR2.jpg
    HR2.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 130
  • HR1.jpg
    HR1.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 126

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Ok - I give in. What crane did he use to get the boat on top??

steiny93

agreed on the cyclone look

hehehe; thats a sweet trailer

a couple years back I seen a monoco pusher pulling a tandam axle trailer with a jeep grand cherokee on the bottom and a ranger 620 on top
the double decker trailer was done insanely well

the top level folded down to the ground; then the jeep was used to back the ranger onto the trailer; tied it down then the trailer raised itself up to height and the jeep drove onto the lower level

very nice setup if you needed to pull a boat and a toad

porthole

Retired
Another TH pulled in yesterday, this still doesn't look as good as the Cyclones, but it does have the half garage, half slide out. They are pretty neat and if you only need to carry one toy, floor space isn't lost. With the slide out you are almost back to non garage living space.

TwoGypsies

We've seen several different brands that we'd never heard of this season. One was an Alfa 5th wheel TH. I didn't realize they made one. We also saw a gas motorhome toy hauler, about 36 ft or so, can't remember the brand name.
Coming back on topic, Cyclones seem to hold onto their looks for a long time. We're parked beside an older Full Throttle right now. Haven't talked to the owner yet but it looks like maybe an '07 or '08. It's still pretty fresh looking. Come to think of it, I've never seen a ratty one (yet.)
I think some of the brands give Cyclone a run for the money on the inside, not so much on the outside. Voltage is a good example. There's something about their interior that makes ours look a bit 'dowdy'. We even looked into dealing on one..... but our Cyclone won out. It's home.

Vtxkid

Another TH pulled in yesterday, this still doesn't look as good as the Cyclones, but it does have the half garage, half slide out. They are pretty neat and if you only need to carry one toy, floor space isn't lost. With the slide out you are almost back to non garage living space.
I know which one your talking about Duane... really, a pretty cool concept! I was able to see it inside and it has a nice floor plan if you can live with hauling just one bike or a GC... And YES, Cyclones are the sharpest looking out there!!!