D seal around slides

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
Try doing a Google search on "RV Slide D Seal". You can even get it through Walmart.

BTW, most of us have found that the flat washer used under the screws at the end of the seals still pulls through the seal rubber. I found that small flat mending plates for woodworking give more holding area and don't pull through. They look like this: View attachment 56741
how are you able to screw in both screws while being in side the d seal?

cap10moe

Having a terrible time with seals deteriorating and/or splitting. When I was in to Heartland repair shop last year, and had some replaced, I asked about care and maintenance. Their answer was NO spray, use talcum powder. Any others out there who can confirm that this works? I see some of my replacements are splitting or deteriorating after only 7 months. I have not tried any powders or sprays on them.

mlpeloquin

Replaced mine at Goshen rally in 2015, again one year later, again, again, and just prior to going on our +9k mile trip across the country. The top edges are ripping. Movement of the slides while traveling is the most likely the cause. But, between 8 and 9k miles between replacement isn't all bad. Mine have never had the melting problem and I have never used Aerospace 303 on them or anything else. I do clean everything using ZEP Truck and Trailer wash once a year and then wax. In between I use Bugs-n-All on the front cap fallowed by Aero Cosmetics Wash Wax All on the entire fifth wheel. Again nothing on the D-seals or sweeps.

SLO

Having a terrible time with seals deteriorating and/or splitting. When I was in to Heartland repair shop last year, and had some replaced, I asked about care and maintenance. Their answer was NO spray, use talcum powder. Any others out there who can confirm that this works? I see some of my replacements are splitting or deteriorating after only 7 months. I have not tried any powders or sprays on them.

Just replaced D and double wiper seals on one slide of a 2016 Bighorn. AP Products says same thing, don’t use anything on rubber. Just clean it. After years of putting conditioner on vinyl, rubber, plastic, leather in my car that recommendation seems counterintuitive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk