Dangit...busted ice maker line drain knob

IronJ

Well...i either didn't get all the water out or when i was shutting it off my super human strength overpowered the brittle plastic....

In any case the drain valve on the outside frame of my rig is dead...

I know im not the first...so whats the best upgrade/replacement option

I recall a post a while back but i cant find it now??

Thanks

Jeremy

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

IronJ

Or bwtter yet ill just delete the valve....what size is that line (1/4??) And do they make push on (sharkbite) type fittings for em??.so i can stop by home depot on way home??

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have a valve here you can have if you want it. I kept it off of mine when I did the stainless steel braided line.
I would just delete it all together until you get around to replacing the whole thing with the stainless steel braided line.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

IronJ

Thanks...I ran by Home Depot and got a plastic coupler for 4$ ...when i get back from this trip I'll just replace the whole line with braided and leave the valve off....

Seems more logical like to me! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IronJ

23ffa733faeca8924798b03b6a33f89e.jpg

Well that fixed that....

Noticed wet carpet under fridge now...it must be a very slow drip as it was making ice fine...guess fridge is coming out when i get home..

How long of a piece(s) of braided did you use to replace plastic line..?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I used a 25' line. My line goes up into the floor right next to the fridge.
Jim B had to use 2-20' as his went in farther back.
My 25' from Amazon work. I'll see if I can find it

IronJ

Thanks ...i kinda looked at home depot but only saw 10ft

Mburtsvt

I’m having mine done under warranty next month. Clearly an engineering or design error. Mine has been leaking since the las Vegas rally. I see that the new landmarks have the problem solved by adding an access door on the side of the RV. I was a year too early for the fix. It’s good to see Heartland address this.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I think they are still using the plastic line. So they really didn't solve the problem !!! They just made it easier to get to to fix it when it happens.

Mburtsvt

I think they are still using the plastic line. So they really didn't solve the problem !!! They just made it easier to get to to fix it when it happens.

I dread next year when I'm out of warranty and it happens again. Extended warranty - don't fail me.

IronJ

I got no on to blame....I must have not cycled the ice maker enough to clear em....worked perfectly fine till then....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk