Dead Batteries

I always turn the batteries off when storing the Landmark for a few weeks. Picked it up today after storing for 6 weeks and the batteries where dead. Got everything working after hooking it up to the truck but now wondering if I need to replace the batteries.. One of the batteries is only two years old ( has a shipping tag dated Feb 2014)and is an Exide dual purpose Marine/RV battery. Not sure what the other is--haven't pulled it out. The Landmark is only 18 months old and I have a 2 year full warranty. Anyone know if the Landmark two year warranty covers battery replacement? If not, what batteries should I purchase to replace the ones I now have? I'm am presently hooked up to a 50 amp service and will see if they take a charge--but I suspect they are toast.

Thanks
Richard

wehavefun

I am sure the batteries are not covered after 18 months. I would suggest changing both batteries at the same time if they need to be changed. You could wait a couple of days, pull the batteries and take them to an auto parts store and have them test them for you. I personally have tried the top of the line gel deep cycle bateries and just a mid grade marine battery and saw,not much difference, however I don't do much dry camping so others may have more input.

Bogie

A single bad cell can draw down the battery (batteries if they are connected together). If they take a charge, you can isolate the individual batteries after charging, disconnect them and then test the voltage after a few days to see if the voltage of either has been drawn down.

I'm more concerned about your comment that you haven't pulled out the original battery in 18 mo. Have you ever checked the water level of that battery? Lack of water can also flatten a battery.

I also recommend that if either battery needs replacing you should replace both.

gasman

Camp Socializer
Always replace the entire battery bank when a battery goes bad. I would consider going to 6 volt batteries if they have to be replaced.

Oregon_Camper

I replaced my stock batteries with 2 Trojan T-1275's. The provide 310 amps hours and perform very well. Not cheap...but I'm not concerned about price, I am concerned about performance.

bsuds

We had problems similar to this when we first got our 2011 Big Country. It turned out to be a loose connection on the block behind the batteries on the wall where everything connects up. Since that was fixed we have had no problems at all.

pegmikef

I think the battery warranty is separate from the coach warranty and varies depending on the brand and type of battery.

Gary521

The batteries MUST be of the same amp hour rating. If you have different size batteries, this is a problem.