Deadbolt lock recall

dougw

Well, I filled out the recall form at the end of jan. Called them and finally got a hold of a person and gave my info again to them at the end of February. Still nothing, no lock nothing. Great service. Probably out of business.
doug

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
But after reading about failures if the replacements, I still have not switched mine. Testing it, you can't pull the key out in the horizontal position.

B

BouseBill

John, our replacement set failed in that you could not get the key to insert into the key slot, nothing, not even half way, had to climb in the window and dismantle the deadbolt lock set to get the door open. Doug, hang in there, call HL and talk to them, they have a different phone# you can call. After the second failure we called and got a hold of a supervisor at Fastec. After speaking with the supervisor Fastec sent us a complete new door latch assembly. Just put it on a couple days ago. If it fails I guess we then go with the electronic lock.

porthole

Retired
I have never been able to talk to someone at fastec, phone is always busy.

I did the online form, requesting two locks, and preferably keyed alike, and after 2 months received only one lock in the mail.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Anyone know where we can get extra keys made for our Heartland trailers????????

John, our replacement set failed in that you could not get the key to insert into the key slot, nothing, not even half way, had to climb in the window and dismantle the deadbolt lock set to get the door open.

Guess I'm glad our Heartland Trail Runner has two entrance doors!

CamperJacksGulch-IMG_1575.jpg

However . . . has anyone here ever tried to get extra copies of the door keys made for their Heartland trailers??? :confused:

My dealership, and even Camping World can't make copies of the keys to our trailer . . .

I've tried . . .

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Anyone know where we can get extra keys made for our Heartland trailers????????

Guess I'm glad our Heartland Trail Runner has two entrance doors!

View attachment 29789

However . . . has anyone here ever tried to get extra copies of the door keys made for their Heartland trailers??? :confused:

My dealership, and even Camping World can't make copies of the keys to our trailer . . .

I've tried . . .
Call Heartland parts and I think you can get some blank keys.
I have had spares made for my BH, but don't remember where.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Re: Anyone know where we can get extra keys made for our Heartland trailers????????

I've tried . . .
Try this website.

JohnD

Cool...I may just order some of those!

I like the yellow key so that one can tell which is the key to the front door vs the back door.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Call Heartland parts and I think you can get some blank keys.
I have had spares made for my BH, but don't remember where.

Peace
Dave

I've had spare keys made at a locksmith shop without a problem. The big box stores and chain hardware outlets don't have the blanks for them.

JohnD

I've had spare keys made at a locksmith shop without a problem. The big box stores and chain hardware outlets don't have the blanks for them.

That may be true...but how come the dealerships and Camping World don't carry these?

After all...aren't they the places that are supposed to cater to us RV'ers?

When we are on the road and need something, we can't always rely on the internet to supply us with our needs.

I thought that is what Camping World was all about????? :confused:

dougw

Well, I filled out the recall form at the end of jan. Called them and finally got a hold of a person and gave my info again to them at the end of February. Still nothing, no lock nothing. Great service. Probably out of business.
doug

So so guess what showed up today? You guessed, my replace lock set. Only 8 months ....must be a government company😀