Decisions, decisions, decisions! cy 4100king, cy 3800, or rw 425

pharmafrog

Hi everybody. My husband has been lurking around for a while, but i have a few questions myself.

There are so many floor plans to choose from. I have it narrowed down to 3. The cyclone 4100 King, cyclone 3800, and the road warrior 425. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

As (I see it) here are some pros and cons to each:

cyclone 3800:

Pros: Awesome family area. two areas of seating, good counter space

Cons: Queen bed; I can not find a cyclone 3800 anywhere even remotely close to northern virginia/dc to view. So I can't get a good feel for the layout or storage capacity in the living area, only one entrance to the bathroom

cyclone 4100 king:

pros: king bed, awesome bedroom and bathroom with 2 entrances to bath!, good storage in living area, good counter space

Cons: I feel as though i like the 3800 living area better. (wish i could see it)

Roadwarrior 425:

Pros: price point is better, king bed (the manufactures web site is wrong), walk around island, good storage

Cons: very little counter space, smaller bath and bedroom than the 4100 (but then again the 4100king is the biggest bathroom I have ever seen) , only one entrance to bathroom.

I really wish i could see a 3800 for myself. I just can't pull the trigger site unseen. One of my biggest questions is how is the storage? Does it have a pantry?

jimtoo

Hi pharmafrog,

Why don't you call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032 and ask for the nearest dealer to you that has one in stock. Then you could go and look for yourself.

Jim M

RugRat

I've narrowed my choice down to the same three. One thing driving our decision is having a window in the main area on the curb side. I want to be able to look out easily when my kids are outside playing. I like the 4100, but only the 3800 and 425 have that setup. I wish there was more counter space in the 425. Another thing with the 3800 is the loft area is smaller than the 4100. Not sure if that is important to you. At one point RV Outlet in Danville Va had all three in stock. I'm waiting for them to get more in so I can walk through all three. They have a 3800 in stock now.

RugRat

Oh....and then there's the new elusive 4200 which should make its appearance within two weeks. I'm curious to see the floor plan on this before I pull the trigger.

scottyb

We looked at the 3800, 4014, and 4100. The 4100 was the only TH on the market at the time with a King bed. That was huge for us and pretty much sealed the deal. Now there are several models with king beds. Probably would make the decision tougher. We love the bathroom on the 4100 and really like the two doors on the bath. Have you looked at the 4000 Elite? One thing it has that few others have is access to the fridge w/o opening a slide. If it were available at the time, I probably would have taken a serious look at it.

pharmafrog

I've narrowed my choice down to the same three. One thing driving our decision is having a window in the main area on the curb side. I want to be able to look out easily when my kids are outside playing. I like the 4100, but only the 3800 and 425 have that setup. I wish there was more counter space in the 425. Another thing with the 3800 is the loft area is smaller than the 4100. Not sure if that is important to you. At one point RV Outlet in Danville Va had all three in stock. I'm waiting for them to get more in so I can walk through all three. They have a 3800 in stock now.

Thanks for the info. If you see the 3800 in person in danville let me know. Im curious to see your thoughts. Its about 4 1/2 hrs for us to danville so my husband isn't that excited since he has made "his" mind up on the 4100 king. I am still in the thought process and I as well am waiting to see the 4200 before making any final decisions. Someone else responded that the 4000 elite is worth a look but it only has 1 bath we have 1 1/2 baths now and its worth its weight in gold. Which model are you leaning toward?

Stacie

jbeletti

Stacie,

Thanks for your interest in Heartland's toyhauler products. I think your questions are great. Wish I had answers but I do not. I'd like you to phone the plant on Monday and ask for AJ Jones. AJ or his staff can walk you through the product and help you narrow this down. They will also have a "dealer lot inventory" in case a dealer closer to you has something you may want to look at. The main office number is 574-262-5992.

On edit: I see that you or your husband have already been in contact with Steve on the toyhauler team. Hopefully you have gotten all you need from Heartland already, but if there's anything more the plant can do for you, please re-engage Steve.

RugRat

I was leaning towards the 4100, but want to look at a 425. The 3800 was nice, but bedroom felt smaller without the extra door on bathroom and queen bed.

miboje

I was leaning towards the 4100, but want to look at a 425. The 3800 was nice, but bedroom felt smaller without the extra door on bathroom and queen bed.
My bet is once you actually are in and walk through, sit down and move around in, and do the things you will normally do in each of the floor plans you are interested in, one will emerge as the better choice for you. Seeing them in pictures just isn't the same. Good luck to you, and enjoy the process. ;)

gunnere7

Was stuck between 4100 and 3800. Finally got to see a 3800 and fell in love. Yes the bedroom is smaller and has a queen bed and the bathroom is smaller with no door in the bedroom. Wife and I discussed this and asked "Where will we be spending most of our time" Bedroom, mostly sleeping and our trailer has a queen bed now. Yes the king would be nice but not a necessity. Bathroom? We will not be spending too much time there also. Living room is where it is at. We love the fact that we can sit across from guest and talk. On the 4100, the long couch makes this impossible. And I didn't like the idea of having to lean forward to talk to someone. The 3800 also has a long couch like the 4100 that I can nap on. We loved the 3800 so much, we just ordered one yesterday.
Hope this helps
JP