Details on Residential Refrigerator Option for Landmark

jbeletti

Hey all,

If you have the Residential Refer option with manufacture dates in 2013 with the manual metal latches on top of the doors - by all means, lock them before travel. I had wondered if there was enough of a vacuum drawn on the doors that they'd stay closed during travel.

Well, I I-10 in Alabama - apparently not. Our containers of food must have banged against the inside of the refrigerator side and we just happened to forget to lock the travel latch. Oops. The "Pickle Incident". Duane - you were right :)

In a Pickle.jpg

This all said, I understand we are now using a new travel latch that does not require one to remember to latch it. I have not seen it yet but have requested a set be sent to me for review. I'll include a picture of it when I get it.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Yuck! That happened to us with our old RV fridge...but we ended up with a gallon of milk all over the place!!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
ummm - wonder if a strip of Velcro thru the door handles would help. At least it would keep the door from opening up all the way. Let us know what the outcome of the redesign latches will be.

jbeletti

ummm - wonder if a strip of Velcro thru the door handles would help. At least it would keep the door from opening up all the way. Let us know what the outcome of the redesign latches will be.

We did buy a long Velcro strap for the door handles. But it's faster to just latch the latches. For us anyway - as were taller and can reach them easily. Either way, we'd have to "remember" to secure it.

porthole

Retired
Nice mess there Jim.
That vacuum (more of just some evacuation) doesn't stay on from any residential fridge I have seen.

Open the door and close, try and open it right away in the fan is on pulling the door close. But open it after a minute or so an there is no resistance.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Did anyone besides me happen to notice that almost everything in Jim's refrigerator is something to drink? :confused:

jbeletti

I've seen him prepare meals, I was surprised there was so little in the box.

We've been buying prepared meals (frozen) from BistroMD for months now. So the freezer and the outdoor freezer are loaded up with those meals - hence not much fresh food in the refer.

But - always ready and willing to make a great meal for friends or go out to have one :) As we're stuck in New Orleans tonight, we'll find some decent eats out.

porthole

Retired
We've been buying prepared meals (frozen) from BistroMD for months now. So the freezer and the outdoor freezer are loaded up with those meals - hence not much fresh food in the refer.

But - always ready and willing to make a great meal for friends or go out to have one :) As we're stuck in New Orleans tonight, we'll find some decent eats out.

Ahhhh Crawdad 'etouffee !

boatto5er

I had a door to our Dometic 1350 come open back in October. The only thing to fall out and break was the carton of eggs. Talk about a mess to clean up...

Wayne, it's worse in the boats because the bouncing is bigger and more cyclic! :eek:

doxiecouple

Actually Gus, I was referring to a person in AHYC that had more booze than food ! LOL !! We have been lucky and no door openings in RV's except when the campground had Grand Canyons in their roads. Thankfully it was cabinets and not refrigerator. Scared the doxies bad enough as it was .

boatto5er

As I recall, there were 3 or 4 people that had more booze than food in their reefers. Not sure how they made it down River at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Looks like might fine choices ('[cept maybe for the O's)

If by O's, you mean the oysters, I will say this - they were AMAZING! If you like oysters of course :)

I do not prefer raw oysters. I do enjoy cooked ones. These are chargrilled and let me say, there's nothing like them.