Did I do it right?

Elevatorman

Just finished the winterization on my BC3500RL. My panel shows 1/3 fresh water for some reason. I drained all fresh water I could, but did not use the pump to empty the system. I have low point drains for hot and cold, so am I to assume they drain ALL the water? Water heater was drained also. I did blow out the lines, bypassed the heater etc., and have added the antifreeze with the pump. I did notice that it didn't take long at all to get the pink stuff through the fixtures and all drains. I'm worried somehow I still have an untreated fresh water holding tank waiting to freeze! Or am I ok? Just a worry wart I guess! Thanks.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
You should also have a drain for the fresh water tank. This is separate from the low point drains and is normally on the opposite side of the trailer. If you didn't open it, you should be OK to open it now and let the water out of the tank. I wouldn't put any anti-freeze in the tank. It'll just make the water taste bad for a couple of months next spring.

If you opened the fresh water tank and are still reading 1/3 you probably just have a sloppy gauge.

bighorn3370

I know that with my BH, if I get the off doore side lower the than the door side, my tank will drian for about five more minutes.

4ever

Don't forget to pour some pink down all the sink drains and shower drain. Need to get that pink in the traps. Also make sure to run pink through the toilet. Pour some down the black tanks flush hose as well.

Ted

Elevatorman

Thanks everyone! Just as you said "boat to 5er", opposite side of the door. It was behind the holding tank drain, and a little hard to see at night.

"4ever", I got the drains and toilet, and have antifreeze all the way through, even the low points. The holding tanks have been drained completely, so I don't think cold will be a problem there. Thanks.

All "scrubed up" and away to storage it goes. Have to figure out what to put inside to discourage the critters from staying inside. It's going to be a long winter, I miss camping already!