Didnt exscape the Satellite nightmare!

shaneandtammymoore

Shane & Tammy
satellite again

Got part of my satellite problems fixed. I just by-passed the black switch box in the living room all together and ran straight to my receiver. I placed the cable line coming in on the receiver also on the "antenna in" connection and everything worked. Now, the rest of the story. My sat. connection in the bedroom has no cable to the back of it at all. I think I am just going to fish me a cable from there to the 2nd connection on the outside of the trailer and I will have it. I dont know why that connection runs to the roof anyway. if you had a roof mounted system you wouldnt need that connector.

ChopperBill

This flat cable from Camping World is looking better all the time! :confused:

14649A.JPG

ChopperBill

Dealer finally got mine straightened out. Ran one cable from the docking station to the LR and ran one from the docking station to the BR. No mumble jumble with switch boxes or such. Speaking of A-B switch boxes, I looked at every BH on their lot and ALL of them had switch boxes. Mine did not come with one! Did you folks with the later 3055's get one?

ChopperBill

Hooked up my dish one more time to make sure every thing worked before we leave for a trip. NO STINKING SIGNAL AGAIN! Found out why pretty fast. The barrel connector that comes out of the wall plate in the cabinet was bad. Replaced it with an unused one I robbed out of the house. All works now! Sometimes it the simple things that go wrong.

ChopperBill

Wild Wind: This is hysterical! Got to our camp ground on our first outing. COULD NOT GET THE SATELLITE TO WORK!. Checked and rechecked. Finally found a bad connector on my dish cable! Its not all Heartlands fault. :eek: Going to the store and come back with a hand full of new connectors!