Directions to factory

rnewk52

Greetings All,

I hope I am posting this in the correct area.

We are heading to the Heartland factory and are looking for any direction hints, shortcuts, areas of concern, ect.
that we need to be aware of.

We will be coming from the West on I-80/90 toll road, unless some one has a better suggestion. We will be arriving
on 8-27-12

We have not traveled this area of our great country previously so any advice
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
The only thing I can warn you about is the road construction around Chicago. It is very easy to miss an exit and end up in a bad neighborhood downtown (ask me how I know...)! Other than that, it's pretty straightforward and easy to get to.

jbeletti

John,

Assuming you mean the corporate office, get off I-80 at the first Elkhart exit from the west. It will be SR 19. Pay your toll and turn left (south) onto SR 19 and proceed back over the expressway. A couple lights further, at CR 6, take a right (west). Continue west (past Walmart) through a few lights. The airport will be on your left. Take a right at Lilian (north) and take that until it Tees into All Pro Drive. Take a right on All Pro to the end and enter our property through the gate/guard shack.

Have fun - take your camera!

Google ChromeScreenSnapz020.jpg

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
FYI there are no camping facilities at the factory. The Elkhart Campground is the closest to the factory. If you look at the map in the previous post and find CR4 and turn right on CR4 from 19 you will see Elkhart Campground on the right. Once setup there you can see it is just a short jaunt to the factory.

jbeletti

As a follow-on to Jim Gratz' post (thanks Jim), here's a map from Elkhart Campground (A) to Heartland Corporate (B).

For anyone reading this, if you are at Elkhart Campground and are bringing your RV with you on a visit to Heartland, NEVER take CR4 to CR7. That turn to go south on CR7 is not very makable with an RV. But its a great way to take bob-tailing.