Disabling Outside Landing Gear Toggle (Extract/Retract) on Bighorn 3610...on purpose

wdk450

Installing a small switch on the power feed to the landing gear switch is the simplest solution for ease of use. There is also a fuse inline at my pump that I remove (behind my locked front storage door) that I have removed to disable all hydraulics.

Using the main battery disconnect also disables all 12V, including the 12V to the fridge, furnace, etc that needs power while the unit is being lived in......and you are away for work.

Hope this helps,
Brian

Make sure any switch you use is rated for the current load. I seem to remember the front landing gear breaker rated at 90 amps.

brianharrison

Make sure any switch you use is rated for the current load. I seem to remember the front landing gear breaker rated at 90 amps.

Bill, the power to the switch is on a separate 16AWG feed - separate from power feed (wire) to the hydraulic pump; you are correct the power to hydraulic pump is a large breaker with 6AWG wire (if I remember correctly). The switch only controls the Trombeta on the pump motor.

Figure 9, on page 15 of this manual shows the wiring diagram.

Hope this helps,
Brian