Dish Network problems

rvn4fun

We have Dish a long time and do sometimes have trouble getting them to change our local channels when we move, but other times it works smoothly, just depends what person you get for a service rep. If I do have trouble, I tell the person that Dish took away our rv excemption when we just used to have national channels, and now we are forced to call everytime we move to get CBS, NBC, ABC and Fox. I also tell them that Direct tv still has a rv exemption and national feeds availabe, that always gets them to turn my locals on at what ever address I am at. I always tell them I am in a rv.

Treeban

Caliber Senior Owner
We have Dish Network & have not experienced any of the problems previously described. When I arrive at a new location, I simply call Dish & ask them to change our "service address" (as opposed to the billing address). I usually just give them the address of the RV Park & within minutes, we receive all of the local channels. I don't usually mention we are in an RV, & they usually don't ask why we are changing the service address. So far, no problems, even "after hours" when your technician may be in India or the Phillipines or somewhere. Also, we use the Vu Qube & it is certainly a painless way of locating the satellite(s) and I cuss a lot less.

beasleyrl

I have to laugh. Maybe Dish Network is starting to recognize there is a market in the RV industry. They are sponsoring the "stage" at the Washington Dulles RV show this weekend in DC. There isn't much on the website about it other than they are calling the stage the "Dish Network Stage" and they are listed as an exhibitor. I did a quick search online and can't find any other reference for name other than for this show.

http://www.agievents.com/shows/display.cfm?showid=59